Wednesday, April 28, 2010

First Draft of Flower Pattern

I have made something very close to the flower...now I need some help on the border.  I just could not figure it out.  It seems like it would be easy, but I tried three times and gave up last night.  I'll try again tonight if nobody else can figure it out for me.

This makes a smaller flower than the one I made yesterday.  I'm going to share what I did so you can make the flower if you want and see if you can figure out the rest.  It may look slightly different and closer to the original once you get Row 4 & 5 added to it, but I don't know.  I don't think this is exactly right, but it's close.  If you can make something closer to the one in the picture, let me know your changes.  Thank you.

(You'll notice in the comments that the person who made the blanket left a comment.  I've emailed her to see if she is willing to help me.  Here is her blog link:  http://www.atolyeafra.blogspot.com/)




Flower Pattern

Start with a magic circle OR ch 4 and join to first ch to form a ring.
Row 1: Ch 1, 17 sc into the ring; join with sl st to first sc. Change colors if desired.
Row 2: *Ch 6, skip one sc, sc in next*, repeat from * around; join with sl st to first ch of beginning ch-6. (Eight Ch-6 loops)
Row 3:  *1 sc, 2 hdc, 3 dc, 2 hdc, 1 sc) in next ch-6 loop* around; join with sl st to first sc.  Fasten off.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pammy, been watching you. The count on this seems wrong. You have eight loops but pattern says six. and with 17 sc in ring you must be right and the pattern is wrong. Could that be the problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Pammy Sue. I looked and can't find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ghost, thank you for pointing out the error! I just wrote it down wrong. I've made the correction in the pattern on that post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥