Sunday, April 25, 2010

Accidental Garage Sale


We were coming home from Lowe's yesterday when we drove by a house that had four items sitting out front with a "For Sale" sign.  We whipped around and found two items we couldn't live without.  This is a really cool beverage cart in nearly perfect condition.  $25


And this vanity stool in absolutely perfect condition.  She still had the plastic wrap over the seat of it.  I've been wanting a vanity stool for 17 years, and I finally got one!  Also $25.


I made these three birdies yesterday.
I love my birdies.  That makes six now with more to come.


And finally, I got this purse at Target yesterday for $14.99.
Love it!

********************************

Today I am rearranging the master bedroom veeeerry sloooowly so as not to wear myself out.  I love to rearrange the furniture every few months in the master bedroom and living room.  It's just one of my "things."

We went to Lowe's yesterday because I wanted some new shelves/storage for all my crap (crochet stuff, books, yarn, etc.).  Barnaby is putting them together right now.  I ended up getting two smaller units with 9 cubbyholes in each one to place side by side.  I bought some canvas storage boxes that fit perfectly inside each cubbyhole.  I'll get a picture or two when I'm finished organizing.

I'm going to get rid of a bunch of odd tables I currently have.  I love small tables and have collected many over the last few years.  Some of them are just crap and need to go (okay, most of them).  I'm planning to have a garage sale in a month or so to clean out my house.  I have way too much stuff I don't need.

We're watching the NASCAR race at Talladega while we both work around the house.  After the race, I plan on taking a little nap.

I have to work for a few hours this evening.  I've been putting it off all weekend because I just wanted to goof-off, but it must be done.

Hope y'all had a nice weekend.  We did.  Bye-bye.

5 comments:

  1. Your garage sale finds are beautiful very good price for the items mint condition. You sound like my mom she would move the furniture in the house every week or so when we kids where in school and you came home you had to be careful coming in you never knew what piece of furniture would attack you. Love your birdies they are so cute. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I might want to mosaic your crappy tables so don't sell them yet!

    Rearrange till your heart's content child, cuz once you hit 50 you won't have that much energy. I used to love to do that too! Those were the days.

    If you were going to sell those birds...how much would you sell them for? I was thinking they'd be cool Christmas gifts for my bunco group. I'd need 11 for gifts and one for myself...total of 12 and don't need them until the first week of December so would you even be interested in that? If so, let me know your price and PLEASE remember to include a shipping price too because I really don't want you to be putting money out of your own pocket for this wild idea of mine. tee hee!

    Big Daddy is watching that race today too! He went to Phoenix on the 10th to a race with his friend Chuck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love when you find a great garage tag sale. I especially love the vanity stool. Great finds. Glad to see you are feeling better.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got it... I'm an old rotten sanmmie today. Getting errors on comment section all day...yuck. Think I'm finally back...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds and great buys. That vanity stool is awesome, but I must admit I like the beverage cart the best. I have always wanted one of those. I have no idea what I would do with it or even where I would put it....but I still want one. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥