Monday, March 08, 2010

Unprogress

Well, I had to rip out all the rows I did this weekend on the pineapple afghan because I screwed up.  It was only about five rows because I didn't work on it very much, but still.  It's frustrating.  That's what I get for not paying attention.


I also hate the way it's looking with this Red Heart yarn.  It looks thick and rumpled.  Yuck.  I may hold off and just start over with a different yarn.  I hate the thought of that, but I also hate the thought of spending hours and hours crocheting and not liking the end result. 

I think it would look better with a thinner yarn, but it needs to be thinner than worsted, but not light like a baby yarn.  It needs some weight to it.  Does that make sense?  Any suggestions on what kind of yarn that might be?  Maybe the Lion Brand Cotton Ease would work, but I don't know.  It's still pretty thick, and there aren't a lot of colors to choose from.  No purple for sure.

I really love the purple color of this, and the pattern is easy and fun.

**************************

I went and got a manicure and pedicure Saturday.  It was just a spur of the moment thing.  I hadn't gotten a professional mani/pedi in probably four years.  It was delicious.  I sat in one of those spa chairs, and it was the best mechanical massage I've ever experienced.  Usually those aren't the greatest.  The whole hour was a real treat.

There's nothing else happening around here.  Same old stuff.  See ya.

10 comments:

  1. Hmm, it does look different but the first try looked nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color your using now it really is starting to look so pretty. Nothing more frustrating then have to tear things out just to make it work right. I been working on two patterns and getting frustrated with them and put them aside for now I will get back to them again. I have used baby sport believe it or not it feels like worsted weight but it looks great when you crochet with it. I love your pineapple patterns you make I always admire someone that could do that.Well take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those chairs too. What about a fingering yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon - this IS the first and only try. I had done about five more rows which I had to rip out, but all the rest is the same one I showed the beginning of the other day.

    I am continuing with the Red Heart lavender yarn today. I'll just use another yarn next time, or if any of you are going to try the pattern, you'll know.

    Isn't fingering yarn even lighter than baby yarn? A light yarn won't look good in this pattern. It needs to have some weight to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about DK weight yarn? Thats just a shade lower than worsted weight and http://www.knitpicks.com has it. They have some really cool yarns in that category and I spy some purples there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the way it is turning out. I think You'll be happy that you used the heavier yarn when you get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished a baby hat using Lion Brand Baby Soft in Lavender and it is quite thin for a baby yarn (well, actually, the label says it is a sportweight yarn). The color is a little lighter than the one you are currently using. I'll be posting a pic of it later today on my blog so you can check it out. Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Booooooo....I just love that color!!! I hope you can find that color in whatever yarn you end up with.

    New tea review on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful colour and pattern! I know it is frustrating when things dont go as you have planned. Nevermind,
    Hugs and Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  10. how about a sport weight? I guess you'd have to look and touch the yarn to make sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥