Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Three Pasta Recipes

Because I didn't want y'all to be without a little somthing-something from me I thought I'd post these recipes.  They are all very similar.  I couldn't pick one, so I printed them all.  I haven't tried any of them, but I'll be making one of them this week.

Summer Pasta

1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti pasta
12 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
1/2 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
2/3 cup chopped fresh basil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
ground black pepper to taste

Combine tomatoes, cheese, basil, garlic, olive oil, garlic salt, and black pepper in medium bowl. Set aside.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, and transfer to a serving bowl.
Toss with tomato mixture. Serve.


Pasta Pomodoro

2 (8 ounce) packages angel hair pasta
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups roma (plum) tomatoes, diced (canned ok)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 (10.75 ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth (optional)
crushed red pepper to taste
freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Pour olive oil in a large deep skillet over high-heat. Saute onions and garlic until lightly browned. Reduce
heat to medium-high and add tomatoes, vinegar and chicken broth; simmer for about 8 minutes. Stir in red
pepper, black pepper, basil and cooked pasta, tossing thoroughly with sauce. Simmer for about 5 more
minutes and serve topped with grated cheese.


Tomato Spiral Toss

8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
2 1/2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
1 tablespoon dried basil
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes and basil in a serving bowl;
set aside. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Drain pasta; add to tomato
mixture. Drizzle with oil mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.


5 comments:

  1. All of those sound delicious.. and would be a great opportunity for me to try some of my new olive oil. Thanks Pamnmy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good recipes! The first one is especially good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those do sound delicious! Other than Mexican food, I think pasta would be my next favorite. YUM!! I'm starving now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been in my thoughts all day long. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I been thinking of pasta too these look yummy have to try them too. Thank you for sharing some new recipes.Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥