Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Ta-Dah!

A big thank you to everyone for your comments and suggestions!

I just finished it a few minutes ago...


Click pics for a larger view.


And I'm very happy with the difference between yesterday and today's version.  It turned out much bigger than I expected.  I thought it would be on the smallish side with only 12 squares, but it's a full-size blanket.

I went with joining the squares in linen with a single crochet, and then did single crochets all the way around also in linen.  I picked a border out of Jean Leinhauser's 50 Crocheted Afghan Borders (#47), which I got in the mail today.  I omitted the last round of the border which would have been done in dark brown, but I thought it was a little too much.  The small amount of brown is perfect.

I really enjoyed this project.

10 comments:

  1. I absolutely love it!!! The colors of the border came out just perfect, it needed just that small amount of brown. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWEEE! That came out just beautiful Pammy Sue :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning. I love that it has just the touch of brown in it. Glad you didn't add the extra round. What a charmner. Please do tell us more about the border, as I haven't seen this book yet.

    Kate - TGB

    Too much of Scooter's family already. Can't wait till next week, when I can do my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it much better too and I think it looks stunning now, very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Did you crochet the squares together?

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Pammy Sue thats Gorgeous, Fantabulous and Fantasmorical! I love how it came out too! I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go girl what a fabulous afghan love it. Really a beauty to look at and enjoy great work on this afghan. I am so happy for you I could jump up and down doing cartwheels for you but of course could only do that in my mind. It is so delicate looking and rich. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:29 AM

    yeah, that looks great BP

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! It turned out sooooooo pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooo Pretty! Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥