Sunday, March 21, 2010

Snow & Some Bad News

Just a couple of snow pictures first...



Now the squares I made yesterday...


7-inch Esther's Square (Aran & Buff)
My Vintage Lace Square is kind of wonky. That may be the back that's showing. I'm not sure! It may be wonky because I used two different yarns -- the red is cotton and the white is ILTY.
Esther's Square is supposed to be 12 inches. I just made it smaller. I think I may make a blanket with this square some day. It's really pretty.
Just click on the links for the free patterns if you want them.
*************************

Now I have to give you some bad news...
Abbey has been sick this last week. She's hardly eaten and has blood in her stool. She also has a big tumor that she's had for a few months on the underside of her neck. It feels like the size of an orange. She is deaf and mostly blind. She will be 13 in May.
Phoebe has also deteriorated this year with her arthritis so that she can barely walk and needs assistance getting up and down. She also has numerous tumors. She is deaf and her eyesight is also shot. She will be 15 in August.
We are going to take both of them in to the vet tomorrow for the inevitable. It makes no sense to treat either of them at their ages and in their conditions. It's just their time.
I may be absent for the next couple of days. Just wanted you to know why.


14 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you. I had to put my cat to sleep a few months back she was 16. It's hard our animals became a part of us. I'll be praying and thinking of you.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please know my thoughts and prayers will be with you and the kids this week.

    Nice looking squares.

    Hang in there and sending you a hug,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts and prayers are with you my friend. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:28 PM

    Will be thinking bout ya. BP

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be holding you and your family in my heart tomorrow.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. HUGE HUGS FROM ACROSS THE MILES to you, Pam. I'll be sending comforting vibes and strength to you tomorrow.

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I debated about whether to check in to my dashboard tonight before hitting the sack. So sorry to hear about your babies. I'm thinking about you guys and will be sending you big hugs.
    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Sorry about your fur babies. I will face this same decision soon, and have in the past so I understand how you must feel. Good vibes sent your way and to your fur friends. They know they are loved.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear about Abbey and Phoebe... My sister-in-law's german shepherd just had to be put down recently. It's very hard to say good bye, I know... Take care, and see you when you are ready to post again. ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. so sorry to read about your pets. It's always hard on us, the owners, when it comes time to say good bye.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I know how hard it will be to do. Hugs.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhhh Boo Boo....I know this is such a hard decision and you'll be all torn up over it but please know that you are making a wise and humane decision. You were a good puppy-dog momma for both of them and they have had great lives because of your love and care.

    After these last 3 years, I still miss my Chippy dog and it still brings tears to my eyes if I think about her for too long. Having Savvy here has helped my heart to heal as good as it's going to. I hope your other dogs will help you heal as well. Try not to run out and get another dog right away. It will not be able to replace what you have lost.

    I love you!
    Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh SO Sad.
    My heart bleeds for you. It is so hard to do the right thing sometimes.
    My dogs are my babies. I lost one 1 year ago and i still cry.

    Big Hug i am sending you

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry about your babies. I don't know what I'll do when something happens to ours. The furry ones really become part of our families and it is hard to let them go. Take care...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥