Saturday, March 27, 2010



The pattern can be found HERE, but to me it was about as clear as mud.  I'm pretty sure I did something wrong.  The pattern doesn't say where to put the shell stitches after you sc, so I guessed and obviously guessed wrong.  I also had to add a round of sc around each side before crocheting it together.  My hanger was too wide and was stretched too far without them, creating even bigger gaps in the shells.  I'll have to try it again and change things up a bit to see if I can get it right.

AND you cannot find the proper "old wooden hangers" unless you want to pay an arm and a leg.  I checked.  I just used a hanger I had that was padded and covered in satin.  I cut the satin and padding off because it was just to big otherwise.

All-in-all a pretty disappointing project.  I do want to try it again though.


Lookie-Lookie!


These are so yummy...

Chocolate cookie-cakey bottom...

Marshmallowie yum-yum on top of that...
Icing covering all...
AND Eastery-Springy sprinkles on top of that!



And cheap!
$1.50 at Walmart in the Easter aisle.

   

3 comments:

  1. LOL::
    We don't celebrate Easter as in the USA, I mean, people don't decorate or prepare a special Easter Sunday meal, it's a totally religious celebration. The only "special" meals are on Fridays when you're not supposed to eat meat.
    The hanger instructions did mention something about waffling it, so you did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still like it. Nice job. I've tried these before... I agree, not one of my favorites, but it does go pretty quickly.

    Little Deb, you can't go wrong with these treats.


    Happy Peaceful Sunday Hug,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SOOOO evil, showing those Marshmallow Puffs! I had a BLT for dinner, and I could sure use a little "sweet" before bed. Hmmmm, I'm off to pantry-surf!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥