Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Happy Place

It's 10 minutes until 5:00 pm and I'm all snuggled down sitting in my bedroom in my pajamas with an as yet to be opened 2-pounder of Twizzlers, the laptop, my purple water bottle full of ice water, a fresh glass of iced mint tea, my book, a few magazines, and Sammi.  What more could a girl ask for?

If anybody cares, here's how I make the iced mint tea:  2 teaspoons of Lipton Instant Tea, 1 herbal mint tea bag (I use Stash), 1 packet of Truvia (calorie-free sweetner), 2 cups of cold tap water, and lots of ice.  I put everything, including the tea bag, in a 2-cup measuring cup, mix it up well, and then add the ice.  Once it gets nice and cold, transfer as much as you can to your tea glass and refrigerate the rest for refills.  You'll get two large glassfuls.  It's yummy and refreshing.

We stopped at the store earlier and got the things I needed to make Carmelitos.  Don't they sound incredible?  I'm only making a small pan of them because I know they'll be so good I won't be able to leave them alone.  I have a weakness for anything with oatmeal in it.

I hope your weekend is going just the way you want it to.

2 comments:

  1. You are right where you need to be. Glad to hear you have a new stash of Twizzlers to munch on tonight.

    Love the new look to your blog. So,so cheerie.

    Off to check out this recipe. But, will have to save it till I get home. I'm not cooking here.

    Nitie-Night,

    Kate - The Garden Bell.

    I'm heading to bed early with some new gossip mags.... yipeee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look that is the perfect olace to be twizzlers and ice tea and a comfortable place to relax and a fur baby to keep you warm. Your book sounds interesting have to tell us what you think about it. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥