Friday, March 19, 2010

Molly the Owl

My sister sent me this last night.  I thought some of you might be interested...

Here is the link to Molly the owl. She is sitting on 5 eggs that should be hatching any minute. She is in an owl box in San Marcos, CA.  The daddy owl comes in occasionally to drop off food.


http://www.ustream.tv/theowlbox

Thanks, sister!  It's cool!

*****************************

Speaking of birds, I'm going to make my crochet birdie today to hang on my purple wreath.  I may start making the green & yellow wreath too, or maybe the pink one.  I don't know if I have enough pink material though. 

You could make one of those wreaths for practically nothing if you used a coat hanger and clothes you already have.  I need to go look through my clothes that don't fit and see how many pink things I can tear up and use.  I've also thought about going to the Dollar Store to see what kinds of cheap things they have to use for material for the wreaths.  It needs to be some kind of material that has some firmness to it, if that makes sense, so that it stands up nice.  I don't think jersey t-shirt material would work very well.  I'll just have to experiment and see.

Have a great Friday, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning! I can't wait to see your wreath(s) all done! The purple one is beautiful already! I'd love to try to make one sometime soon, and I do now buy much of my fabric in the form of flat bed sheets! It's cheaper, and the fabric is of good quality!.. I do miss all the beautiful prints I used to be able to choose from at Walmarts though! I'm still mad as a hornet at that store for eliminating that department! ~tina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥