Sunday, February 07, 2010

Make Up Your Mind


As you can see, I've been kind of schizo with my crocheting this weekend.  I can't figure out what I want to do.  Nothing satisfies me.  So I've been doing a little of this and a little of that.

I thought I had struck my fancy when I started looking at Flickr pictures of hexagaon projects last night.  (There's a link to it in my left-hand sidebar down towards the bottom if you have a hankering to look.)

I even bought a hexagon pincushion pattern on Ravelry.com that I thought I wanted to make.  Maybe I still will make it, but not now.  The moment passed and so did my hexagon love.

I'm finicky, that's what I am.

So I spent a couple of hours dreaming of hexagon color schemes and even crocheted a few.  Then I promptly ripped them all out because they weren't perfect and I didn't like them.  Why can't mine look perfect like other people's that I see online?  How do they do that?

8 comments:

  1. Maybe you just needed to do several small projects to keep your mind busy. Sometimes our minds don't want us to settle down so we are having problems making up our mind in what we want to do. Also the plethora of choices out there can contribute to the wishy washy feeling of wanting to do everything all at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pammy, What can I say except that I love the items you made and perhaps your not happy settling in right now. I often have those days especially on the weekends. I love the hexagons too but have not made a simple one yet. But have worked other hexies like snowflake afghan before. I love the idea of a simple one and have it on my list of to do's. How is the Wooleater coming along. I am dying to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I'm not the only one that feels that way! I look at the beautiful work on Flickr, Ravelry and blogs and wonder how they do it! Some people seem to have such a keen sense of color and know exactly what colors to use to make a piece perfect. I, on the other hand, struggle with trying to make sure I'm using the right color combinations. Know at least that you are not alone in feeling this way! When you have a minute, please come check out my new blog at http://sunflowerzcrochet.blogspot.com/ I am enjoying sharing my love of crochet with others (even if sometimes it is not perfect looking crochet!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what one of your followers said about the plethora of ideas out there. I find it terribly hard to stay focused on just one or two projects, thus all my WIPs! :) Lucky you for having some free time this weekend to experiment with some different things. I've been up to my eyeballs with work-related things and haven't gotten to crochet since Friday. :( GO COLTS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps some meds would help you focus....
    me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've done that hex thing too.... really scarey for me.... Remember, I've only been at this for a year..... But, I do get the color thing.... and love this combo.

    katexoxooxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. A hexagon pin cushion? Is that the one with the six hexagons? Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥