Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday!


I've never been so happy to see Friday.  We just got completely caught up on work (knock on wood), and I'm relieved and ready to do nothing except exactly what I want.

I have three more of these 12-inch squares to do.  (I finished another one since I took this picture.)  I'm going to try a lacy joining technique I've never done before and I can't wait to get to it.  I haven't decided on a border yet, but it'll be something lacy too I think.

I really love these squares.  They seem to go fast, and I love the way they look.  I'll definitely be making another afghan with these in another color(s).  Not sure what colors yet or when, but it's something to do when you have an hour to kill so why not?

Don't y'all want to make one?  I'd love to see these in other colors.

Speaking of afghans, take a look at this beauty:


Isn't it gorgeous?!  It was made by Irene522 on Ravelry.com, and she totally made it up!  Some people are just so talented and have an eye for this kind of thing.  She says how she did it in her comments on her project page.  I would love to make one similar (or exactly the same!).  I just love everything about it...the colors, the patterns, the border, ALL of it.  There is just no end to all the crocheting I want to do, is there?

Seeing beautiful things like this that other people have made really motivates me.  In fact, I'm going now so I can finish my squares and get started on the joining and border.

Y'all have a fantastic weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! That's gonna be a real pretty afghan and I like that "heart" one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are beautiful love the colors. What a beautiful pink afghan with hearts really is so neat. I am so glad for your work is caught up it can be frustrating when you just want to relax and crochet.We got another three inches of snow and I hope that it melts fast.You have a great weekend talk to you later. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:33 PM

    have a good weekend BP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your afghan squares are really rich looking can't wait to see your joining

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your squares. Looking forward to seeing what border you decide on.

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your squares and the pink one is way pretty too! I love hearts <3You have a nice weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blocks look gorgeous, really like the colour cobination.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥