Saturday, February 13, 2010

Coffee Bean Goddess

I hate to be a downer, but I want to tell y'all that I just learned that one of my oldest blog friends passed away January 31st.  I say "friend," but I think I only wrote to her once, and that was a very long time ago.  But y'all know how you feel when you follow someone's blog.  You start to feel like you're good friends, even though you may have never even corresponded. She was one of the very first blogs I followed almost daily.  I think it was way back in '98 or '99 maybe?  I don't really remember.  She switched host locations on the Web so her archives only go back to 2007.

She hadn't posted since December 31st.  I kept going there to check for a new entry, but she never had a new post up.  So this morning I decided to see if anyone had said anything about her absence in her comments on her last post.  Sure enough, her brother had gotten on her blog and posted in the comments that she had passed away in her sleep on January 31st.

THE COFFEE BEAN GODDESS, Dee, was an entertaining blogger for sure.  I always enjoyed her writing.  She will be missed by many. 

I had printed out her last recipe in her next-to-last post.  I hadn't made it yet, but I will be sure to make it now in her honor.  She always shared great recipes, and I still use her Sourdough Starter recipe.

Anyway, I just wanted to post an entry for her.  Goodbye, Dee.

7 comments:

  1. What a terrific blog and to think her last post was so full of promise and things to come. Just goes to show you that we never know when it's our turn, do we? A reminder to live every day as though it is our last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for you for the loss of your friend. You did a great job of honoring her and I do believe that even though people don't meet face to face that friendships do build.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that about her passing her blog is so full of life and humor.It is true that you have to live life to the fullest and you never know when it will end. She will be missed by many prayers out to her family and friends. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry to read about Dee; I've just barely started the blog.thing, so I'me very new to all this. Still, her blog was very entertainig. I'm sure so many people worldwide will miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never "meet" her. So sorry for this loss. I too think you did a wonderful job honoring her & I agree that we make friends in many ways, even when not face to face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you feel. It's quite a strange feeling to have someone's blog, journal, or diary just END like that. And we do start to feel personally involved with those whose blogs we follow...like you said, even if we don't actually correspond with the blog author.

    I think your tribute to her is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tribute to your friend. Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥