Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Ass-Crack of Dawn

I got up very early this morning (6:00 AM is early for me these days), and stepping on no less than three dog toys with my bare feet, stumbled into the kitchen. I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror that is sometimes kept on the bar, propped up on the wall. I looked like a deranged rooster with my “bangs” sticking straight up and slightly to the right side of my head. (Thank you for those hot flashes I had during the night, Mother Nature, you old bitch.)

Then I scared myself half to death when I turned on the garbage disposal instead of the light over the sink. Don’t you hate when you do that? At least I was slightly more awake after that.

I poured myself a glass of iced coffee with half Starbucks Vanilla Latte in the can and half Starbucks Espresso Roast coffee I had made yesterday and refrigerated. I knew this was going to be a more-than-one- pot-of-iced-coffee day, so I made another full pot and set it off of the burner to cool. I grabbed my coffee and my daily banana and moved into my office and turned the computer on.

Barnaby soon comes into my office smelling fresh and clean like the Zest soap he loves to use. I turn my cheek up to him and he kisses me goodbye, smiling and saying, “I hope you plan on taking a shower today and fixing that hair. Love you. Bye.”

How sweet. I may have just grunted, or I may have said an unintelligible, “Love you too,” but I don’t remember which.

I drank my coffee and ate my banana as I read email and obsessively cleaned out my inbox and deleted everything from my junk mail folder, as I do every morning. By the time I’m finished with that, I’ve finished ¾ of my coffee and eaten my banana and I’m starting to wake up and feel more human.

It’s 7:23 now and time to get to work. Have a good one.

16 comments:

  1. Pretty much the same start here... Only Scooter was up at 530am shoveling before his {Caress} shower. Boy, do those boys pamper themselves. Me... not shower...I'll just go for that stale day old coffee smell today. So, glad I'm past those wonderful pastie bangs in the morning after a good night sweat. Nothing like a total hystie 5 years ago to rush through that one. Just know there is life on the other side, but lots of other surprises I was not aware of......

    Off to start my day too.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how you tell a tale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally hear you, Pam. I didn't have the night sweats but am having the hardest time waking up this morning. Guess I'll go turn on the garbage disposal and see if that helps. Or better yet, I'll be by for a cup of iced coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Pammy Sue!


    Starbucks sounds good. Not the coffee either... I love the Espresso Bars..:-)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMBFAO!!!!
    No kidding....I feel the same way EVERY morning....the ass crack of dawn is at least an hr after I bet up and only because I've sweated through everything and gone cold. You know, I'm really glad to see a story of dismay as ugly as mine! Hope your day is better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to hear your thoughts about your day. It is just fun to walk around with you, thank you for sharing your morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your morning was better than mine since I am now on my 5th day of migraine symptoms. I didn't have any actual head pain on Sunday or Monday but the whole right side of my face and head was sore...at least the skin was sore...like it was sunburned. That soreness also went into my throat and made me have an earache too. Dang it! I hate that symptom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have emailed you, let me know if you recieve it.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pam: keep getting my email sent back. Is your address correct?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely comment you left on my blog today. I am glad you found things you liked. I am just making things I see and not really trying to come up with new ideas. Thanks for your visit and you really made my day today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a ditz! That is twice now that I have done that to you. So sorry, thanks for letting me know though. I appreciate that so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a ditz! That is twice now that I have done that to you. So sorry, thanks for letting me know though. I appreciate that so much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a ditz! That is twice now that I have done that to you. So sorry, thanks for letting me know though. I appreciate that so much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a ditz! That is twice now that I have done that to you. So sorry, thanks for letting me know though. I appreciate that so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've got one up on you. I got up at 2:00 am . . . yes, 2:00 FREAKIN' AM this morning to get some work done. I coded 120 charts in 3 hours, then went back to bed for a couple. :) I didn't even have my coffee with me, so I'm amazed my fingers would work as fast as they did. Hopefully, a better night's sleep tonight. ZZzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous3:43 PM

    come on snow......it would be cool to get one foot of snow. BP

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥