Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wasting Time

The Stash Peppermint Tea really is good! Add about 1/2 a packet of Truvia (no-calorie sweetner) and a splash of milk, and yum! I thoroughly enjoyed my first hot cup this afternoon. I got mine at Kroger (grocery store for those of you who don't have them), but you can order it online HERE too.


****************************

I had a disturbing dream last night...a nightmare really. I discovered that Dennis Rader lived across the street from me. For some reason he wasn't in prison for his crimes. That same day, I realized that I couldn't lock any of my doors, and they were all just flimsy screen doors anyway. The dream went on and on, but I won't bore you with it. Suffice it to say it was disturbing.


I wonder what made me dream such a thing? Of all people, why would my brain drudge him up? I'd say that I'm feeling threatened by something or someone, but I always feel that way. Ha-ha. Paranoid much? Why, yes. Yes, I am.


****************************

I had to remove my nail polish and put on at least a clear coat of new this afternoon, so I had to put my Wooleater aside. It's killing me that I can't do it and finish this round of color. I hate that. Between all the little things I do every day for the dogs -- feeding, refilling water, letting in, letting out, helping Phoebe up and down from the couch, etc. -- I really don't get that much time to sit and do a good chunk of crocheting, even when I don't have any work to do. I don't know how anybody that works outside the home gets any done at all. That's probably the reason I never really got into it until I started working from home.

I love it that some of you are getting inspired to make a Wooleater (I just accidentally typed Woodeater -- hee-hee). I can't wait to see what color combos you guys come up with. Maybe we can all inspire each other to keep going on them until they're done. I don't plan on picking up anything else until this one is finished. I'm putting my crochet blinders on.

I need another good chicken breast recipe. I'm trying to make more chicken and fish dishes instead of beef. It's hard to really please Barnaby with chicken. He's a beef & potatoes man.

I'm trying to ramble on and waste time until my nails are dry so I can crochet. It's hard to type with wet nails. Sammi is trying to persuade me to go take a nap. She's my nappin' buddy. They all are really, but she REALLY loves to nap with her momma and is always up for it. She's the one that always let's me know when it's time for bed at night too. If I'm in the living room much past 8:00, she starts pacing around me and staring at me. "Time to go read magazines!"

Okay, that's it for me today.

And just to show my protest to Blogger about their spacing issues, I'm not going to go back and edit this for proper spacing. GAH!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:54 PM

    Damn you blogged a lot since I last checked. I have the same kind of dream that I'm in my house and the doors won't lock or don't have a lock or if it locks the gap between the door and the jam is to wide to be effective. It is always nite and the backyard is pitch black and then sometimes I dream about Anna Nicole Smith!!!! BP

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEeuuuw! Terrible nightmare! I forgot about that creepy guy unti you mentioned him. Now I'll probably have a dream about him too!

    My fav. chicken breast recipe is one that Mom gave me years ago. You marinade the chicken breast in Italian dressing before cooking. She said you could marinade it all day or even 2 days. Sometimes I don't marinade it at all...I just pour the dressing over the chicken and bake it right away.

    Also, have you tried Carribean Jerk? The grocery stores carry it in the section with all those marinades and BBQ sauces and stuff like that. It's real good on chicken too. Sometimes I just put my chicken in the crockpot with that stuff on it and let it cook half the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I'm curious about what happened to all those UNFINISHED projects you displayed for us??? :) The Wooleater looks too tedious and might contribute too much to my insanity. I think I'll stick with trying to finish my bright ripple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I frogged a lot of the smaller WIPs. The bigger ones are back in the closet waiting for me to finish them some day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog... you make me laugh!! For good recipes, check out the blog Crock Pot 365.. if you have a crock pot, you are sure to find recipes you like ... and she has lots for chicken.

    I've added the Wooleater to my list of projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥