Thursday, January 07, 2010

Tuna & Peas on Toast

All You Need


Tuna & Peas on Toast

4-5 pieces chopped bacon, browned
1 can of tuna packed in water (5-oz), drained
1 small can of peas (8-oz), drained
1 packet Cream Gravy Mix
Milk
Salt & Pepper to taste
Bread for toast

Brown your chopped bacon and drain most of the fat from the skillet. Mix your gravy with half of the milk called for in the instructions on the back and set aside. Add the rest of the milk to the same skillet with the bacon. Add the peas and tuna. Heat over medium heat until milk starts to get hot. Add the gravy & milk mixture and stir constantly until it thickens. Add salt & pepper to taste. Remove from heat.

Toast your bread and lay one or two pieces on each serving plate. Spoon hot tuna & pea mixture over the toast. Serve immediately.

Note on Servings: I had 1-1/2 pieces of toast with the tuna & peas on top, and Barnaby had 4 pieces of toast with the rest of the tuna & peas on top. He had a HUGE serving. So you can figure on this feeding 2-3 regular hungry people or 4 skinny bitches who eat like birds.

I use to make my own gravy with the bacon grease, flour, and milk, but it just makes life so much easier to use the packet you can buy at the grocery store. It comes out perfect every time.

7 comments:

  1. Let us know how it truns out! I like chipped beef over toast.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the recipe! I copied it and plan on giving it a try really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe! I'm going to try this real soon...maybe over the weekend. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember, Scott can find a pea in a can of Campbells and not touch it. But, me that's another story. Bacon gravy....now you are talking. My grandfather, god rest his soul, use to make this for us in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a problem with hot tuna. Dont know why but I love peas. and I am going to join the square making cal. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. hope all is well with you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:32 AM

    Hot tuna is gross. BP

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥