Saturday, January 23, 2010

Re-Doing & Yo-Yoing & Math

I took apart an older afghan that was coming apart at the seams last night. These are all of the blocks it was made from. I didn't measure them, but my guess is they're at least 8-inch squares. It had a big border made from mostly sc stitches which I just cut off and threw away. I'm going to put a border around each of these, sew or crochet them together again, and crochet a new border.

And this is what I was playing with this morning. I made all of these yo-yos and when I started sewing them together to make a hotpad, I quickly decided this wasn't for me. It was a huge pain in the ass. I'm glad I didn't make 100s of those yo-yos before I decided to start sewing them together.

Lots of patience and lots of sewing = not the project for me.

I'm having a very strong urge to crochet a Wooleater Blanket. I just love Sarah London's stuff. I made a potholder once using the Wooleater pattern, but I've never done anything bigger. I really want to make one. And, yes, I know I already have many things I could work on that are already started, but I just want to make a Wooleater.

I wonder if I could figure out how to make it rectangular instead of square? I don't like square blankets. So if somebody could work on that for me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Every time I start messing with patterns it makes my head swim and I get all confused. It's like math or something. Math is hard. Hee.

I just ate about 10 Oreos for lunch. Way to go, Tubby! That's the way to keep your weight and cholesterol down! Ugh. Not eating sugar is hard too.

It's a dark and dreary day -- just the way I like 'em. I think a nap is in order very soon. It's the perfect time for it because Barnaby is watching some dumb movie. I really don't like watching movies and rarely do.


Okay, I'm finished here. Goodbye.

5 comments:

  1. I took a four hour nap. UGH! My sister made a wooleater pillow. I have not done this pattern yet. I would assume that by adding two circles to the end would do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee...that yo yo thing is cool! Too bad you aren't enjoying putting it together though. Maybe you could put the yo yos on cup kozies...tee hee!

    We're finally having a mosty sunny day. Lot's of clouds but no rain today so I shopped for bunco prizes. I'm woefully behind on getting ready for bunco which is next Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see it when it's done...:-)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure that was a lot of work to take those squares apart, especially undoing that sc border. ICK! Well, I'm sure you will make something spectacular out of them.

    I generally make a yo-yo or two every time I get to the end of a skein. They're different colors and sizes. I've been throwing them into a drawer, thinking I'll come up with something to do with them someday. Sounds like sewing them together is NOT something I would enjoy either. They're the wrong type yarn or too small for coasters, and they wouldn't make good face scrubbies. Any ideas?

    I was going to blog yesterday, but I was in such a pissy mood, I decided against it. JC had gone to Wal-Mart. I've had a cold this week and have been feeling pretty run down. So, I decided to lie down in Hunter's room, where she was messing around, and doze off. Well, Max, my big spoiled baby, is like my shadow, so he jumped up on the bed with me and snuggled in for a nap, also. I had just started to doze off when JC came tearing into the room, yelling at Max to get off the bed! That, of course, woke me up, and girl, was I mad! It annoys me that he won't let the dogs on the bed with me, and then him yelling and waking me up was just the kicker!

    I sulked around for an hour or so, trying to work, until I finally decided to seclude myself and take a bath. I went into the bathroom and JC had run me a tub of hot water, had candles lit, had turned my space heater on, and had moved my iPOD docking station in and had soft music playing. He apologized for waking me up and said he hoped I could get some R&R in the tub. Deep down, I still wanted to be mad, but I melted. So, that's how my dark and dreary day went. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are keeping pretty busy this weekend.

    Are we talking "Magic Balls" and YarnEater... sounds pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥