Sunday, January 31, 2010

Mmm...Waffles


I dragged out the waffle iron yesterday and made waffles for breakfast.


Eli was very interested and I explained it all as he listened intently.


Perfect!  Yum.


Another Granny for Sue


And finallly...

I made two loaves of rye bread yesterday.  I was very disappointed that they didn't rise much on the final rise and they came out kind of flat.

I'm pretty sure I screwed it up by making the dough in my breadmaker instead of following the instructions.  Doing it that way changed up the process quite a bit.

But the bread still tastes really good.  We just won't be making sandwiches with it.

**********************************

We're meeting family for lunch at a restaurant today.

It's my daddy's birthday Tuesday.

I hope you're all having a nice weekend.

Bye for now.

5 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I haven't had waffles in a long time. Maybe I could borrow Eli and he could help me make them? I think the bread looks really good. Rye is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:37 AM

    Yum waffles yuck rye bread. BP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummy waffles! Wish I were having some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can smell them from here.
    Love the crocheting!
    :)
    Hugs and Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Eli helps! Earning his keep no doubt! Now, if you could just get him & the rest of the gang to make them up & serve to you while you are crocheting, blogging, etc...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥