Saturday, January 09, 2010

Me Again

I have no idea how it is possible that I have been crocheting all day but I only have one and a half 7-inch squares to show for it. WTF?

I guess I have been goofing off more than I realize, but still. I was supposed to be all caught up and have all five of my squares finished today, but I'm still 2 1/2 squares behind! I redid Square #1, which took me FOREVER for some reason. This is supposed to be fun. Hmpf. Slow down, take a breath, relax, and enjoy the process. I have to keep telling myself that because I'm panicking that I'm not keeping up.

One last crochet note: I started another All-Shawl last night for a gift. I know, I know. I have too many projects unfinished already, but what the heck. I know I'll finish it because I love making these shawls.


*************************************

I made a big pot of Taco Soup again today. We had three or four dinners off of that last pot and it was so good, Barnaby requested it again this weekend. We're going to have it tonight while we watch the Dallas Cowboys stomp the Eagles again. (Why did I just say that? I know what happens when I say stuff like that!)


*************************************

I know I said I only had that one last crochet note, but I have a couple more things to share. I can't help it. That's all I have to do! What else am I going to do? Clean my house? Ha-ha-ha! Pa-leeze! Now you're just being silly.

Anyway...the yarn that I ordered from Knit Picks STILL hasn't arrived. Is it coming by mule or something? What's the deal, people?? Don't make me write you a shitty letter, because I'll do it. I'm good at that stuff, don't ya know! Grrr.

It's the yarn I'll be attempting to hand-dye myself. I was hoping I could do that over this weekend, but now it'll be next week sometime at the earliest. Well, poo.

Look at this yarn I got:



Isn't it pretty? I got this from a seller on etsy.com. I thought it was enough to make the All Shawl with, but I miscalculated. Now I don't know what I'll do with it.

It's 354 yards and is worsted-weight, 80% wool and 20% alpaca. It looks a little bit thicker than most of my worsted weight in my stash. Any ideas? Do you think it's enough to use as a stripe in a 7-color (or so), full-size ripple with lights greens and blues? I'm not sure it's enough for that.

If anybody has any ideas and/or patterns you'd like to share with me to use this yarn for, I'd love you to pieces. Fire away!

*******************************

GO DALLAS COWBOYS!!

Oh, man. That made me dizzy. I need to go. Bye.

7 comments:

  1. ICKS... Forgot to tell you that KnitPicks is not too speedy in the their delievery, especially when you are chopping to dye. But, it is one of my favs to work with and well worth the weight. Did you get the superwash or the 100%?

    Can I come for some Taco Soup? I just awoke from a two hour nap. I needed one so much. What could go wrong this week went wrong. As of Friday, I had to pick out all new tile for the bath on the fly this morning. Can't wait for this and my music thing to be over.

    Now about those Cowboys? I have told you I went to TCU for two years in the 70s... But, have Phillie fan in the family.

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Off to finish and get the 80s up...yuck... May have to do the 90s and 00s together to get back to the hook and the CDs burned and behind me. Aren't SIL great.

    Hugs,

    Go Dallas Boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the yarn you got it is so pretty would make a nice shawl.
    Sometimes the messy cake can be the best tasting. I hate too when you order a pattern and they are slow to send it there is no reason not to keep up with sales.Hope your keep warm we are having figid weather here in Delaware. We are not use to this biting temperatures out here. Made four more broomstick scarves so far working on another. They will make great gifts this year.Take care my friend chin up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made an apricot tart and watched movies all day so I think you were more productive than me. At least you got in a couple of blog posts too! Mmmm...That cake looks yummy enough to serve to my bunco group at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/verdure
    How about this for your yarn. That is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the yarn is gorgeous. I am really behind. 7 squares not started yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're going to hate me for saying this, but I just gotta. I was pulling for the Cowboys, but only so they would get to go to Minnesota and get stomped by the Vikings next week! :) I used to be the biggest Cowboy fan on the planet, but I just can't stand Jerry Jones. I like Tony Romo and Jason Witten, but the owner just needs to go someplace else.

    Pretty yarn, btw! I've never bought any yarn that's wound up in those twisty wads. It looks so cool like that. Can't wait to see what you're gonna make!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't feel bad, girl. I was 3 squares behind, but I did 2 today, so now I've only got #7 left to do, but then we are suppose to do the edging. But hey, I'm always behind, I just have to be careful I don't let myself fall too far behind or I will just throw in the towel. As long as I don't get any farther than 3 or 4 behind I'll be ok..lol.

    Speaking of edging...I'm not so sure I want to edge mine. But I really want to follow the CAL without straying out on my own and then regretting it later.

    Hang in there. You/We will catch up. (We'll cheer each other on.) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥