Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dear John

I'm officially giving up the crochet-along. It'll make me feel better about starting 40 other projects that I want to do. I know it's dumb, but that's just the way my mind works. It's too much pressure to do anything "along" with anyone else. It makes me stressed. It puts me on a schedule of sorts, and I don't do schedules well. I can't plan anything. If I plan it, I'll back out nearly every time. So there.

Whew! I feel better already!

So who hates me now for getting you all involved in the crochet-along and then dumping you? Feel free to send me a nasty comment or email. Or am I the only one who does that? Ha-ha. Just kidding. I don't leave nasty comments. No, really. I don't.

***********************************

Okay, now that that's off my mind, here is a list of new crochet things I want to do sometime, not necessarily in this order.

(If you're a member of Ravelry.com, you can see several examples of most of these projects there.)

1. Blue Jeans Shawl
2. It's Just a Triangle Shawl
3. Stunning Shawl
4. Coeur Shawl
5. Navajo Afghan
6. Tulip Throw
7. Pressed Flowers Afghan
8. Another Flower Pillow Cover or Two (started)
9. Another Ripple Pillow for my sister
10. Another Ripple Blanket
11. Summer Stripes Blanket (3/4 finished)
12. More Birdies

I absolutely do realize that this list will change and things will be deleted and added as time goes on, but these are just on my radar right now.

I'm sorry to all of you who want something other than crochet, crochet, crochet all the time, but I just have nothing for you today. You should be use to it by now.

7 comments:

  1. I quit too so don't feel bad. I just can't deal with something that rigid right now. There are too many other things I want to do. I am going to join the Ravelry/Crochetville Olympics though because you do something during the Olympics and it can be anything you want.

    I love all your projects. They look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Quitting.

    But, have you not opened another can of worms with these 12. I know you have opened one for me.

    I just need to step away from this computer and quickly get back to some normalicy now. Oh, wait, that's right, you will never find it normal here in my garden.

    Proud Of You,
    The Garden Bell - Kate....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey some of us march to the beat of a different drum don't we? I thought crochet was what it was all about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JEEZ!!! How could you?? Leading us on that way, then dropping us like a sack of rotten taters! Nah, just kiddin! I didn't start it (although I seriously thought about it) because I knew I would do the very same thing. I have good intentions and some lofty aspirations, but getting it all done is another story. I say, "Congratulations" for realizing that you don't need the extra stress. We don't think any less of you for quitting. Well, maybe just a little, but we'll get over it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no clue where the spot came from. assumed it was a bird but also wondered how? It is strange, a mystery for sure. If I ever find out I will let you know. I was also inspired by your list and saved several of the patterns to my every growing pile of things I want to make. also, I have saved all the square patterns but not started one yet. I am whomped under with things I want to do and no steam to move me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how this can happen. The only reason I don't have more incomplete glass projects is because glass is waaaay more expensive than yarn.

    But I know how a group can create stresses that you hadn't counted on. So there is nothing wrong with bowing out and going on your merry way. You tried something new and it didn't work for you but that's okay. I don't think anyone is going to be upset with you about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is a link that tells more about the yarn. http:// ghostbuildingalife .blogspot.com/2009/11/two-more-calendar-squares.html

    you will have to remove the spaces.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥