Saturday, December 12, 2009

Scottish Shortbread

I had to jump on and make another post today to tell you about the most wonderful cookies!!


I was reading Suburban Hooker's blog last night and saw this recipe and decided to try it this morning. The link to the recipe in her blog is not working (last time I checked this morning) so use this one: Scottish Shortbread Cookies It was fun to read everything written by the author about making this recipe.

I just made half a batch in a 9" x 9" pan, but now I wish I had made a whole batch. I only had one cup of cornstarch anyway so I couldn't have made the whole recipe if I'd wanted to without running to the store first.

Just for your reference, this is how the "dough" should look when you're finished mixing it and put it in the pan. I used my hands to mix it and pat it down in the pan. (This picture is before it's patted down)

These are the most wonderful, delicate, delightful things to eat. I know that sounds dorky to use those words, but it's true! You've GOT to try them. I insist.

4 comments:

  1. I am not a big baker, just a big eater. Send me some of yours. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the help with my dead link Pammy Sue!! It's been corrected and I've thanked you and left your link for all to see!! I'm glad you liked these. I LOVED them, seriously...I hid 1/2 dozen...from myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I'm off to check out that blog and get the recipe. Don't know if I'll use it right away though because people keep giving me stuff to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine are in the oven right now! I am a little excited. I will let you know how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥