Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Odds & Ends

I'm in my bedroom watching TV, looking at afghans on Ravelry.com, and eating mini Mounds bars with milk. I realized I didn't post an entry today so thought I'd pop in and say something.

Okay, here we go with some random stuff...

I painted my toenails black last night and like it.

I'm really loving crocheting my Giant Granny Blanket, but I wish I had made it a Rectangle Granny instead. Now I'm going to have to make squares for both of the ends so it'll be more rectangular. Square blankets don't work very well unless they're HUGE. I hope it doesn't ruin the look of it because I love it so far. I got six more rows done today. I'd say it's over half-way finished.

I made some shredded beef enchiladas over the Christmas holidays that sucked. How can you screw up enchiladas? Well, I believe my flour tortillas were defective. Yes, that's what it was. They turned all gummy and pasta-like on me. I've never had that happen before. It was weird and a horrible waste of good roast beef that I made in the crockpot.

We don't have any plans for New Year's Eve this year again. We're so boring. I'm definitely planning on having black-eyed peas and ham on New Year's Day though. We always do that.

I need to either go to the library to get some books or go buy a couple. TV is all reruns right now and there won't be anything to watch over the long weekend.

Please leave me a comment with any book recommendations you have. I like just about everything so fire away with whatever is good. Give me some GREAT ones, m'kay? Thanks.

Guess who's about to have her 1000th post?
Yes, I said ONE THOUSANDTH!

It'll happen mid-January sometime, and I'm
thinking of having a GIVEAWAY!

**Stay Tuned**

6 comments:

  1. the twilight series is good. love the ghan too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always go to the local thrift store and stockpile books to read. Yeah, I know I can read books from the library for free but I am bad about returning them on time. At the local Goodwill store all books are 50 cents ea so I usually have a boxful under my bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe glad someone else is in bed watching TV and on the laptop on craft sites too hehe
    Happy 2010 when it arrives...love the sound of the black nails too lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet Evanovich's "Stephanie Plum" series is hilarious and each book is a quick read. They are easy to keep up with too because each book has a number in the title. So, start with ONE FOR THE MONEY. It's hilarious. I love this series! Most of the books are already out in soft cover now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:44 PM

    Who? who's about to hit a thousand posts? BP

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1,000th? Gosh~ & I was excited about getting close to 500th!
    Happy New Year My Dear Blogger Friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥