Monday, December 07, 2009

Ginger Cookies


I felt well enough yesterday to make these cookies. They're really good.
I usually make ginger snaps or molasses cookies about once a year, but I've never found a recipe I liked well enough to keep. I'll be keeping this one. Barnaby raved, and he never raves about anything that's not chocolate!


Ginger Cookies

2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter (1 ½ sticks), softened
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup dark molasses
1/3 cup sugar & ¾ tsp cinnamon, mixed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Place the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt into a mixing bowl and sift with a whisk. Set aside.

Beat the butter with an electric mixer until creamy; add in sugar, egg, and molasses and beat until well combined. With a spoon, mix in flour mixture half at a time until a soft dough forms.

Pinch off small amounts of dough and roll into 1-inch balls, roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture, and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Tops will be cracked. Cool completely on a wire rack.
****************************
I'm feeling much better today. Thanks to all for your get well wishes. I think I'm on the upswing now.

3 comments:

  1. I am sure they are yummy, they smell delish. But they best part is you are feeling better! YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for popping over. Glad you are feeling a bit better! Biscuits look yummy!
    I just crocheted two rectangles 36 rows each. The width of my ordinary ripple blankets. Then I put them on top of each other inside out and sewed the edges up. Turned them back. Then sort of put the tree stand in the middle of the round and pulled up all around and gathered with a ribbon. (in and out of the crocheting). Got to do it wide enough so there are plenty of gathers. I was on the verge last night of binning it. I felt it wouldn't work. But it did.
    Thanks for your comments, take care,
    Hugs and Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cookies look yummy. So glad your feeling better there is nothing worse than being sick and miserable at the same time. Good to see you back. Take care friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥