Saturday, December 12, 2009

Fun, Fun, FUN!

I was super-excited when I got this in the mail yesterday:


It's the package from my swap partner over at For the Love of Crochet-Along! It came all the way from Australia...

And I laughed out loud when I read the contents on the label and "vegemite" was listed! Ha! I had to get a picture of that.

And I was not disappointed when I looked inside at all the goodies my partner had sent me...

Three potholders and a dishcloth
A little stuffed koala bear
Two skeins of wool yarn
1 roll of purple thread
A crochet hook for using with thread
Two very pretty bookmarks crocheted in thread
Several handmade cards made by her special needs students at the school where she teaches
Two pineapple doily patterns
One goodie recipe
A DVD of The Man from Snowy River
And, of course, the vegemite!

Here's a close-up of the vegemite bottle. I actually had some on toast for breakfast and it wasn't bad at all! I was surprised at the very dark color of it. I don't know why I expected it to be light in color and look kind of like hummus, but it didn't at all. Its taste was salty, but not really much flavor beyond that. Kathy had told me in her card how to eat it -- lightly spread on a piece of buttered toast.

And this was the last item I took out of the box...a cup towel.

Thank you so much, Kathy! I loved every bit of it!

I can't wait until the first time vegemite comes up in conversation or I hear that song by Men at Work. Now I can pipe up and say, have any of YOU had a vegemite sandwich?? Well, I HAVE!!

Okay, it was toast, but still.

5 comments:

  1. such a great package and it is always fun to get surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting...I've never even heard of Vegemite until now!
    Your box of goodies from your friend is fantastic! What did you send to your friend?

    My Military Brats group did a secret santa exchange. I have the photos all ready to put up on my blog but can't yet because the secret santas haven't been revealed yet. Soon!

    You should frame that cup/dish towel. Very pretty and interesting too. Would look good in your guest room. (heh heh..because I get to stay there when I visit!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cool! I want to know what you sent also!
    How fun, fun fun! (great title!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful exchange box!! You're a lucky woman!! I have Vegemite but I actually prefer Marmite...just a bit milder. I LOVE it on cheese sammys....grilled, toasted or plain. Give it a try sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great swap! I LOVE vegemite and I agree, having it on toasted cheese sandwiches is delicious. And a vegemite and cheese sandwich mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥