Thursday, December 24, 2009

Snow!!! Christmas Eve 2009

It just now started snowing, and we're supposed to get it for the rest of the day!! OH-M-Gee! Toto, we're not in Texas anymore!

What the heck?


Mmmm...Homemade Christmas Eve Granola!

I just had a few bites of it while it was still warm from the oven. Yum! And the whole house smells like brown sugar & cinnamon.

A mountain of it!


Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Granola

1 container (18-ounce) old-fashioned oats (6 cups)
4-ounce pkg slivered almonds
6-oz Craisins
6-oz chopped dried apricots
1 cup light-brown sugar
11/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup honey

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients except butter and honey.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt unsalted butter. Stir in honey. Pour over oat mixture and toss to distribute. Spread granola onto a cookie sheet bake, stirring occasionally, until oats are toasted and sugar begins to caramelize, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely on pan.

Transfer to an airtight container.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Yum! Copy & Paste...Copy & Paste! ( Too bad that doesn't just make it magically appear ready to eat on my desk when I do that...hee hee!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good I can imagine it really taste good too. I always like to check in to see what your making. I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a even better Happy New Year. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the granola looks really yummy! I'm so hungry right now, I would probably even think the boxed stuff tasted good. We, too, got blasted with snow. As much as I wished for a white Christmas, this was a little more than I hoped for. At the airport, which is about 5 miles from my house, the official snowfall was 14 inches! That was straight up-and-down snow, not the 5-6 foot drifts that are everyplace! If you read Hunter's blog, you know that my husband had to spend Christmas Eve at the TV station. In fact, it's almost 1:30 on Christmas Day now, and he's still trying to make it home. That really sucks big time! My sister, the police officer, was saying this morning how the number of calls for "domestics" goes up in this kind of weather, with everyone pinned up with each other. I know that's true for Hunter and me! We're about to poke each other's eyeballs out.

    Hey, being cooped up, I got 4 face cloths made, and now I just need to make the scrubbie pads to match. Then, I've got some neat little stocking stuffers for the girls in my family whom we haven't gotten to share Christmas with yet. . Thanks so much for the idea and for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥