Friday, November 20, 2009

Vee-Oh-Lah!

My sister and I always say it that way instead of Voila (vwa-lah) because we think it's funny. Maybe you don't, but we don't care, do we, Sister?

Anyways, where was I? Oh, yeah. VEE-OH-LA!!!....


A covered stool!


What the hell is that thang??


I've seen several different varieties of these on the innernets. Some are granny squares like this one, some are four granny squares, some are stripes, etc. I'll be trying all of those and maybe more.

I wasn't sure how to attach the cover to the seat, so I just improvised and made four ties out of one piece of blue and one piece of red yarn held together and sewed it through the corners underneath to make it tight, and then I tied a tiny bow. I think it looks great. And you can remove it and wash it pretty easily that way too.

I bought some padding to add between the seat and the cover, but I decided that was overkill and decided not to do it. Maybe I'll try it once and see.

Time to start the weekend! Bye.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:06 PM

    cracking me up! BP

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! At first I thought you were talking about that relative of ours that is buried at the Reed cemetery. Her name is Viola and I kept pronouncing it VEE-OLAH. And Mom kept correcting me that it was pronounced VY-OLAH (long "I").

    But...yes, you are right! I still pronounce that word VEE-0-LAH!
    In fact, I even forgot that we pronounce it wrong! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see Eli thought about your latest project wondering why mom so excited to take a pictures of it. I have a stool like that in my kitchen but it is round great idea I think maybe some cushion would be nice. Love the color. You make my day love your sense of humor. Take care friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stool cover is so darn cute! What a crafty thang you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That stool cover is so darn cute! What a crafty thang you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! What a great idea. I love granny squares.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥