Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Teaser at the End

I know, I know. I've gone all OCD with the birdies!


Here's the latest one. I'm getting much better (and faster) at making them. The wings definitely look much better. I'm still working on perfecting the beak. I'm going to make more, but I'm going to try and make them smaller.

I'm supposed to be resting my shoulder. I guess I'll stop for the day and maybe bake something.

********************

I was interrupted while making this entry and forgot I was doing it. In the meantime, I swept the floors and put together a Kentucky Butter Cake and got it in the oven. This cake is one of my favorites and I've featured it here before. If you make it, definitely make 1 1/2 times the amount of glaze. You'll be glad you did. I also add 1/2 tsp butter flavoring into the cake batter along with the 2 tsp vanilla extract.

********************

Not sure what else I'll accomplish today. We'll probably have leftover roast that I made this past weekend for dinner, so I don't have to cook anything. I'll need someone to tie my hands behind my back to keep me from crocheting. There's a project I'm DYING to finish and show you, but it won't be today. I absolutely have to rest my shoulder. (Teaser: That's the interruption I had earlier. Barnaby was delivering a piece of furniture I had asked him to find for me so that I could finish this project.)

Bye, Friends.

4 comments:

  1. Oh how cute! and if you make little ones, they can be the baby dirty birds. heh heh heh..

    ReplyDelete
  2. My curiosity is peaked over your mystery project!! And, since I'm being curious, just what exactly do you DO with those birds? You're going to be like poor Tippie Hedren and get pecked all to pieces by your flock of dirty birds! Now my curiousity is really peaked . . . I mean, PECKED!! teehee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:13 PM

    New background.....didn't expect it. thought I went to wrong place. Cool. BP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your birdie there I like the comment I saw said it look like a girl hiking her dress up. I laugh my butt off at that.I look closer and saw how cute it is there is so many things you could add to them too. There is always something interesting happening here. Thank you for sharing. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥