Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Knock-Knock

Who's there?

This really cool door knocker my sister got me for my birthday! Ain't it great? I love it!

Time for me to get back into the swing of things after a few wonderful days off. I had a great Anniversay/Birthday weekend.

Barnaby got me a new digital camera. I'll have to download the software and figure it all out today so I can start using it.



I worked on my ripple blanket a bunch. I think I have about 18 more ripples (36 rows) to go. I'm going to try to work on it most of the day today as long as no work comes in.

I got Jan Eaton's 200 Ripple Stitch Patterns in the mail over the weekend. I had ordered it from Amazon because I'd seen a lot of other ripplers mentioning it.

I also ordered this book, which is supposed to be delivered today.


My mom said she'd come over and show me how to set up the sewing machine Barnaby bought for me awhile back on Craig's List -- how to load the bobbin and thread it. Every time I try to read the directions my head starts spinning and I slam the book shut and move on to something else. I DID NOT get the sewing gene, but I'd like to be able to do the basics and make some simple projects if I want to.

I finished reading Dan Ackroyd's father's book. It was interesting, but not what I expected. I skimmed over some parts that didn't interest me. It was mostly a history of paranormal investigating, psychics and mediums, etc. There wasn't as many personal experiences as I expected and would have preferred.

I'm sure you've noticed by now that I went nuts with the dividers today. Do you like them or are they just annoying? I kind of like them myself. I need to make my own so that they don't have a white background or learn how to make the background in them transparent. I'm sure it's easy to do, but I don't want to spend my whole day on the computer, which is what would happen if I started trying to mess with that.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. I love your door knocker it really is sharp looking. Sounds if you had a nice fun birthday and anniversary. That is all I know is the basic how to use the sewing machine my mom was a fabulous sewer could make anything. Me I rather crochet or knit or loom things. I like coming to your blog never know what surprises lurk here. You make my day friend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:31 PM

    Sewing???? Your cracking me up. After this, you better start canning. I want purple hulls for the winter. BP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey the door knocker looks great on ya'lls front door!

    I like the dividers. Where do you get them? I didn't know you could make your own either....hmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥