Monday, November 09, 2009

Everything Except...

...working on that last round of my ripple!


I am thanking my lucky stars today that I didn’t have to clean up a huge mess. I opened the pantry door and a can of beans that I had stacked on top of another can fell down and into a big jar of spaghetti sauce. I watched in slow motion as the jar was pushed ever so close to the edge of the shelf, but it didn’t fall off and crash onto the ceramic floor like I expected it to. It just stopped with a small part of the jar hanging over the edge. Whew! That hardly ever happens to me. I swear I make more messes in a day than you can imagine. I spill my coffee CONSTANTLY. I’ve gotten to where I keep a clean cup towel on my desk to clean it up. It’s not a matter of IF but WHEN.

I still have a few spots on my kitchen ceiling (yes, ceiling!) from when I dropped a Starbucks’ Frappacino straight down and it landed upright, but the contents flew straight up out of the cup and onto my ceiling! It was like some weird physics demonstration. I laugh every time I notice those spots up there.


Now, for the Grotto Pattern, which color combo do you like best?

Teals & Green?
Or...

Teals and Purple?

I really like them both, but I think I'm going to start with the teals & purple first. We'll see.


So…

I gathered all my strength and got ready and made an appearance in public today. I made a trip to JoAnn’s at about noon. I knew I would finish The ripple blanket today and would want to start something else right away. So I got online and printed a 20% off coupon and left. It’s a good 15 miles or so and I had to get on the freeway. I don’t make that trip to JoAnn’s very often because of that but I really wanted the yarn I knew they had.

So I pile up my basket with a pattern book, yarn, and little stuffed toys for my dogs, which I wouldn’t have gotten nearly as much of if I hadn’t had that 20% coupon. And then I bet you can guess what happens.

The lady tells me the coupon was only good through yesterday! Doh! So I get a pissy look on my face and say, “Well, you shouldn’t put EXPIRED coupons on your website to print. I just heard another cashier give a lady 10% off even though she didn’t have a coupon. Can I at least get that?” And that BEE-OTCH got an equally pissy look on her face and just looked at me like I was a big old cheap-ass. I just stared right back at her for an uncomfortable amount of time until she screamed to the other cashier, who I guess was a manager or something, and said I asked for the 10% discount even though I didn’t have a coupon. Of course, all the other customers looked up at me. (Gasp! How dare she ask for a discount without a coupon! The nerve!)

I swear I was fixin’ to throw a big old hissy fit right there if she had said no. I didn’t drive 30 miles down the freeway to shop at YOUR store with an expired coupon that YOU put on YOUR website only to be turned away! AND I spent almost $90!

But she didn’t say no. Instead she said, “Just give it to her.” Like it was a big sacrifice and I had been given a gift from the JoAnn Gods and should bow down and kiss her feet.

I was almost disappointed that I didn’t get to have my fit. Instead I looked at my cashier like, “HA, you old bitch!” And I got my 10% discount and left. HAGS!

Do you see why I just stay inside all the time and rarely leave my house? I can still feel my blood pressure boiling. Everything is an ordeal. People suck! Except you. I love you.


Now if you'll excuse me, I promised some people I'd finish a ripple blanket today. Stop bothering me and let me concentrate!

8 comments:

  1. I like the one with the purples too. That will be SO pretty.

    You made me laugh at your experience at Joann's. Wish I had been there. I'd have marched right up there and pitched a fit with you. I've been looking for a good fight now for a while. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy did you have a day I would have been pissed too since it was there web site that had a expired coupon. Lucky with the spagetti sauce too. I spill coffee too my kitchen floor shows it today. No matter how hard I try not to spill or drop things I do. Sometimes I wonder why I don't put everything on the floor then I would not have far to go. By the way love both color combo's for the next afghan. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:50 PM

    way to go, bought a truck on Saturday and called the salesman a BITCH............of course i apologized all 3 times, but caught his attention, finally. My head was boiling as well as my stomach. So when I got home I didn't enjoy my truck as much as the toilet, but got what I wanted. F-them! BP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too weird.. The spagetti is on the burner right now. Did I tell you I have made a second batch of Taco Soup!!!!! Everyone loves it.

    NOw, about the Grotto ripple...mmmmm....I'm thinking the green.... or how's about both. Headover, I am practicing it on a stash scarf from the Circus Parade. Once, you get going it's easy-peasie.. Can't wait to start a big new blanket.

    Gotta run stir the sauce... icks....I hear it popping...,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stirred and back..

    I forgot... the only one worse than a Jo-Ann's clerk are librarians when it comes to the rules. They drive me nuts there and are so crazy serious about their stupid stupid coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone else has already left an opinion, but what do they know? :) I like the green in the Grotto, but I think they'll both be pretty.

    I need to drag you along when I venture out on my shopping trips. I am getting a little more crotchety in my old age, but I still cower from scary store clerks! I'm glad to hear that you stuck to your guns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone else has already left an opinion, but what do they know? :) I like the green in the Grotto, but I think they'll both be pretty.

    I need to drag you along when I venture out on my shopping trips. I am getting a little more crotchety in my old age, but I still cower from scary store clerks! I'm glad to hear that you stuck to your guns!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My vote is for the Teal & Green! Pretty Pretty!!!
    Oh and about the salesperson...what ever happen to customer service? Why do we have to go through so much to get what we have coming? I get so tired of fighting these stupid people! Give me a f*cking break! (sorry~ it's a F-Word day for me today). anyway, I am glad you got the discount. I probraly would have said, "you know what? Since it is such a big deal to you & you want to be rude, I will go somewhere else to spend my $90. And by the way, a call to JoAnns headquarters will be on my list today w/ your salesgirls, & mgr, names mentioned."
    I am such a b*tch today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥