Wednesday, November 04, 2009

It's not really November 4th, it's Thursday, Nov. 5th. I guess it says that because I started this entry yesterday and just edited it today.

Are you getting sick of seeing this ripple blanket unfinished? I'll be glad to get it finished just so i can see some new colors. I spent an hour and a half weaving in ends last night. I got them all done, but I still have about 20 inches of ripples left to do before I can start putting the edging on.

In honor of Kate, I think I'll have to name him. He seems like a he to me so I'll have to come up with a good name. Kate names all of hers...and everything else she owns I think! It's more creative and more fun than just naming them "Ripple 1" or "Ripple 2" in pictures.


I watched several episodes of Celebrity Ghost Stories and Ghostly Encounters on my computer yesterday. We don't get the Bio Channel, but I wanted to see these shows. Isn't it neat that you can watch just about anything on your computer these days just like TV? When you watch the video on full screen, you can't tell you're even watching it on a computer. It's just like a TV! My laptop worked better than my desktop computer for this. My desktop kept interrupting the video at the beginning to buffer, whatever that means.

Other than that, I slept. And then I slept some more. It was a very lazy day and I had no energy whatsoever. I was so lazy that I forgot to put a roast in the crockpot we were supposed to have for dinner. We ended up going to IHOP for dinner since we had a coupon for buy one dinner and get one free. We always use those coupons when we have them. It saved us $8.

I did remember to put that roast in the crockpot this morning. I just stuck it in there with a can of Cream of Mushroom soup, a package of dry onion soup, and a little bit of water. I'll add the potatoes and carrots later on this afternoon so they don't get too done and all mushy.


We're heading out to Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth tomorrow. NASCAR is here this weekend and we're going to see Cup Qualifying and the Truck Race. We like to go on that day because there are less people and traffic. We should have great weather for it.

So if I don't get a chance to post before we leave, y'all have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I love your afghan it really is looking great with all the colors you have in it. I like giving my afghans names too it makes people want to look at the pictures when a title is different and it is fun too. I love your Nascar separator really kool. You have a super time this weekend and enjoy everything. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your too funny!... I know I'm weird about naming things, but it's so much easier for Scooter when I do. I just have to say... Go get my Lucy, Hornet's Nest, Candy Icee...and so on. He has learned the names.. it's all in the training..... wink-wink...

    Thanks for the link.

    Stop by my post later this afternoon. I just finished one of my old projects and tried to take some pictures as I went along. This has nothing to do with crochet. I have just received a bunch of orders from my family for their Xmas list. They never ask for anything but these. And best yet, they are sooooooooooo simple.

    Belated Birthday Cheers

    Kate

    Off to work on the upload...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot.

    I'm thinking it need a name like

    Sedona Sunset
    Santa Fe Snugglies
    Austin City Limits
    Wacky Waco

    Ok, I could go on and on...

    Something Southwestie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or you could name Sunset Paradise since it has all the colors of a Sunset, Desert Pardise since there alot of desert colors there. Or Rippling along in Texas. Man had a lot of coffee today it is like being on a high wire. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmmm....naming an afghan...hmmmmmm...That's funny but why not? Some houses have names. (You know...like The Blue Prince?)

    I like the racecar divider! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥