Monday, October 12, 2009

Teddy Bears

It finally got cold enough starting on Friday to have a fire in the fireplace! We had one Friday night, Saturday morning, and Sunday morning. I put a crockpot full of taco soup on to cook Saturday night before we went to bed and it cooked all night. It was yummy on Sunday when we ate it while watching the race.

We were going to go to the Texas State Fair today at 10:00. The weather is still cool and wet and overcast, but that didn't really matter to us. It's not like we were going to be riding rides or anything like that. We were mostly going for the food (hi, Nutrisystem!) and to look at the exhibits and people-watch. But I slept like CRAP last night and tossed and turned and was hot and cold and just generally miserable all night. I hate that. So we decided to go this Friday instead.

I have not been eating my Nutrisystem food the last two weeks or so. I haven't gained weight, and in fact lost another pound, but I do plan on getting back to it. Sometime. No really, I do!

Sorry for the crappy picture below. You'll also notice that the corner is missing. Eli got a hold of it yesterday and tore it off. I was really pissed because this belonged to my grandmother. I fixed it the best I could and will keep it in a protector sheet from now on. Thankfully, he didn't tear off any of the pattern instructions which are on the back.


I started making this blanket yesterday. I thought I'd make it smaller (3 bears wide by 4 bears high) instead of the full size, and I did all the calculating to do that. But when I made the chain, I got scared that it would be too small and look dumb, and I didn't want to do all that work and then find it didn't look right, so i just made it the full size. AND IT'S HUGE!

Now I wish I would have just had the confidence to stick with my plan, but there's no way I'm ripping out all I've done and starting over.

I'm doing mine in I Love This Yarn in Raspberry. It's so soft and squishy. If you want more info about the pattern (ah-hem) just leave a comment with your email address if I don't already have it. Here's a better picture of someone else's finished blanket.


I'm off to crochet and nap the rest of the day. I'm off work all week, by the way! Yay! My aunt will be here tomorrow evening. She'll be here for the next week visiting. Yay again! Bye.

3 comments:

  1. You already have my email address and absolutely KNOW that I would love a copy. I can't wait to see yours done. I have made a few things with the I Love this Yarn in the raspberry and that is a gorgeous color. You're such a fast crocheter. I can't believe what you can accomplish in such a short period of time.

    Hey, I made taco soup for Sunday dinner. It was so yummy and perfect for the cooler days and nights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, Taco Soup! Yes, that sounds pretty darn appealing right now. Honestly, I'm thinking these stuffed animals sitting on my desk look pretty appealing, which means I'd better snoop in the fridge and get something to eat! Since I'm doing the low-carb thing, I wonder if I could adjust the soup recipe I have to take out all the sugar and no-no things, i.e. the corn, tomatoes, chips on top, etc.? :) Almost defeats the purpose, huh!

    Oh, and yes, I would most definitely like you to send me the pattern for the Teddy Bear blanket. The one you have pictured is so cute. I'm not sure when I'm going to get a minute to work on it, but it looks like a good keeper for any upcoming baby arrivals. :)

    -Keri

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cute blanket with the bears on it. I thought they were dogs at first (when I was looking at the pattern photo). You said you were using Raspberry yarn. It looks blue in your photo so I was wondering if Raspberry was the name of the yarn not the color....

    Do you have Granny's pattern for the snowflake afghan? I'll send you a photo of mine that she made.

    I'm so jealous that you get to spend a week with Aunt Gay! Have fun and think of me here all by myself with no Aunt Gay.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥