Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Outlaws, Recipes, and Ghosts

Please excuse Blogger's ongoing ASININE spacing problems. (Asinine: 1. utterly ridiculous or lacking sense; 2. resembling an ass) I like the #2 definition the best.

The Notorious Outlaws, Bonnie & Clyde


Go read my sister's story HERE.





Mmm...Apple Pie with lots of Cinnamon!

I made this apple pie yesterday and it sure was tasty. It'll be even better today with coffee. I was kind of full last night when I had a piece. (No, I'm not staying on my diet AT ALL. I suck.) Please note the pretty fluting on the crust. I watched at least three videos on the innernets yesterday because I have never been able to make a good-looking edge. This one turned out better than most.


Here's the super-secret recipe I used: All-Ready Pie crusts, two cans of Comstock Apple Pie Filling, Cinnamon & Sugar for the top. Bake at 425 until browned, about 35 minutes. Don't tell anyone I gave you this old, old, family recipe. They might cut me out of The Will!




A KEEPER RECIPE...




These are some of my ingredients for Keri's Cheesy Potato Corn Chowder. You must go there and get the recipe. I made it the night before last for dinner and it was FANTASTIC! You must try this one. I've tried similarly-titled recipes before, but they're always too rich and cheesy or something. This one is perfect! I used half of that 1-lb chunk of 2% Velveeta in case you're wondering how much a cup is. I think the problem with most other recipes is they use too much Velveeta. A little of that stuff goes a looooooog way. And I used two large russet potatoes. The gravy mix used in the recipe was interesting. I've never seen it used to thicken a soup before, but it makes perfect sense if you think about it.



*****************

The Next Book I'm Reading: A History of Ghosts by Peter Aykroyd

An excerpt of a review:

"The book itself was a pleasant and easy read. Most interesting is the fact that the Aykroyd family has had a long history with the paranormal. Most of you are aware that actor Dan Aykroyd wrote and starred in the Movie Ghostbusters; but many might not know that his fascination came from his father’s tales of how his great-grandfather was directly involved in the Spiritual renaissance of the late 19th century. I myself knew that Dan Aykroyd was interested in the paranormal and UFOs, but I was not aware of his families deep history. With the ease of reading, the book is perfect to use as a reference tool. 'A History of Ghosts' is a great book for believers and skeptics."

I got this review HERE.

That is all. Buh-Bye.

4 comments:

  1. Well, you're just your old chatty self again. I missed you yesterday, but am glad to see that Barnaby let you out to play today! I read your sister's story . . . were YOU the younger sister she mentioned? :) You don't even have to answer that 'cause I'm sure I know the answer! The apple pie? Well, that looks way yummy, and even yummier if you're on a diet, LO-CARB, no less!! I'm giving myself a "free day" each week, just to get all my dietary naughtiness out of my system. Otherwise, as always happens, my cravings will get the best of me, and I will be back to where I started (and worse)! Anyway, I can't believe you would divulge your family secret like that. I'll try to keep it to myself.

    As for the soup, I am so friggin' happy that you liked it. I knew you would. It is my very favorite recipe, not just for soups, but for everything. It's like a meal in itself, and it's so easy to make and keep on hand. Thanks for the rave review and the positive publicity! :)

    Sounds like an interesting (and scary) book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That apple pie, the potato and corn chowder, and the Ghost book all sound like good ideas for me today because it is snowing like crazy outside and we have 100% chance of snow for all week. So I may not come out from under my ripple afghan until next week. I'm going to have to find that book, I love reading things like that, and NO I did not know about Dan's family interest in it. That makes it more interesting to me. Have a good day Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! I love it that you started today's blog out with a "commercial" for my blog...

    Hey! I didn't know all that about the Aykroyd's. Where have I been?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh.. I love apple pie. Yours looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥