Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Very Own Ripple

I've decided that I've drooled over Lucy's ripple blanket for the last time and I'm making one of my own. I started it last night. It's just going to be a scrap ripple. I'll just let the colors speak to me and tell which is next. I got all boo-boo lipped yesterday evening when I saw Kate's ripple blanket she was giving away and whined out loud. That's when Barnaby said, "Why don't you just start making your own and work on it between other projects?" Very good question, I thought to myself. "Okay, I will!"

So the Teddy Bears were set aside and yet another project began. There were no instructions as to how many chains to make to begin or what size hook to use, so I started with a chain-185 and a G hook. That makes mine 56" wide. I'll stop when it's somwhere around 68" and put the edging on. But that's a looooooog way off. I hope to use up a lot of my Red Heart yarn stash that makes my nose itch. Once it's finished and has been washed and rinsed in fabric softener, it's fine.

Is it nap time yet?

I went and got my eye exam this morning and got a new prescription for glasses. I'm off to go shop online for frames. Have a good day.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. I know you are going to love rippling. It's sooooo much fun and easy. Watching and picking the color flow is lots of fun. Your's is looking great. Keep us posted.

    Your pup is ador-able

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm rippling away also . . . in the middle of a gazillion other smaller projects. I started a red and white OU Sooner afghan that was going to have "SOONERS" in the middle. I got three rows of the graphic done, and I set it aside. It's supposed to be for a lady at work (the same one who got the OSU blanket), and I decided, selfishly that I didn't want to put so much time and effort into something that I was going to have to give away for free. Boy, does that sound hateful or what!! Well, anyway, I started on a crimson and cream ripple and have about 25 rows done. It's looking mighty nice, but it's so easy and mindless to work on, I won't mind giving it away as much. :)

    Fletcher is looking a little bit mistreated. Probably like our dogs . . . if Mini, my female is told to get out of my recliner so one of us HUMANS can sit in it, she really pouts. Heaven forbid, we take her favorite snuggle place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link too loved all those pumpkins thinking pumpkin pie now with cool whip in top. I love the ripple your working on great colors too. Fletcher looks so cute you just want to pick him up and give him a squeeze. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha! This is exactly the way I am with my stained glass projects...I must have at least 5 projects in the works right now and I'm still looking at new projects to start! Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥