Monday, October 05, 2009

I'm Good!

Thanks for all your nice comments. I appreciate ya.

I was wandering through the house a while ago looking at all my half-finished, just-begun, nearly-done, no-where-near-done, and a few probably-never-will-finish crochet projects. I believe the saying is, "Shit or get off the pot, Pam." Ha-ha. Instead, I started two new projects this weekend. What? It was good therapy!

One is nearly finished, and I know I will finish it today. It's my first sweater, and I just have a few more rows on each sleeve and the buttons to go. I'm proud of it because it's something I've avoided trying to make because the sleeves scared me, and all sweater patterns are so long and daunting I was afraid my head would explode trying to figure it all out. My head did not explode, and I even rather enjoyed it.

This is the other project I started and frogged and restarted, and frogged and restarted, and frogged and restarted:

And I'm about to frog and restart it again. It's the Tiramisu Baby Blanket. I can't find a yarn I'm happy with. It shouldn't take long once I finally decide what I'm using. The baby is a boy. I'm not even sure how long I have before he's born, but I think it's before the end of the year. I'll probably finish the beige one in the middle, make the edging scallops in Aran and the ribbon chocolate brown.

*****************************
It rained all day yesterday. We watched the race, I crocheted, napped, surfed the Web, watched it rain, ate M&Ms until we were nauseous, and just plain did nothing really. It was nice. It's supposed to be rainy all this week too, and you won't see me complaining.

I got my last Nutrisystem shipment of food Friday. I've lost 15 lbs so far, but I've decided this will be my last month on that program. I'm certainly not near where I want to be yet, but I'm just done with this one. And I don't want to talk about it either. Bleh.

I'm off to eat some breakfast. Talk at ya later.

6 comments:

  1. I am glad you are good :)
    Get those projects done girlie! You are worse than me!
    As for the Nutrisystem... yucko. Good for you about losing the weight, but who wants to eat this not that? I hate diets. I just want to get liposuction. Isnt there a cheaper way? I hate the body I have right now & miss my 2 years ago body.Damn it. pisses me off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot of WIP's also... And I won't mention what you don't want to talk about... but congrats on 15 lbs. lost anyway... O.K... so I kind of mentioned it...;-)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I decided the reason you can lose weight on Nutrisystems is because you'd rather not even eat than eat what they send you (with the exception of a few items like their chocolate pudding -- go figure).

    Wow! You're moving really fast on the sweater. I can't wait to see it.

    Still sending HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are feeling better. Hey, maybe you'd rather eat Tiramisu that crochet it. heh heh heh...

    Yeah, some of these diets just have a "shelf life" with us, huh? I've always said that if I'd just go from one diet right on to the next, I'd probably continue to lose weight, but I've NEVER done that!

    I am currently on the "gall bladder" diet that you can find on line because I am FORCED to be on it or go to the doctor. So, like you, I'll do anything else rather than go to the doctor. Just so you know though..because we're related... beware the gall bladder! You might want to read up on it a bit. There's plenty of stuff I didn't know about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you survived the weekend. Sounds perfectly relaxing to me . . . just what you needed.

    Baby blanket - I love the blue, like the beige, and don't like the green. Just my opinion, and I'm stickin' to it! :) I'm sure the brownish one will be awesome when you get the trim on it.

    Sweater - Congrats on getting it almost finished. Can't wait to see it. I haven't tackled anything to wear yet, other than caps, mittens, scarves, etc. I kept threatening to make my sister some crocheted bike shorts this summer when she kept ragging me about my crochet. :)

    Nutrisystem - YUCK! Been there, done that! Jenny Craig, been there, done that! Weight Watchers, been there, done that numerous times! Just name it, I've done it. Right now I'm on my second week of the Low Carb "eating plan", not DIET! :) The first week, I lost 12 lbs!!! Of course, I've got tons to lose, but it was still nice to see it on the scales after my week of sacrifice. I've joined my company's "Biggest Loser" contest, and by gosh, I plan on winning. I could sure use the Christmas money.

    Glad you're feeling better and getting your spunk back.

    - Keri -

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that your doing better like to see your sweater when it is done been years since I made one. Congrats on 15 pounds loss that is not easy to do. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥