Sunday, October 18, 2009

I have green glass, bird cages, and fake greenery displayed above my kitchen cabinets..

This is the new bird cage I found while shopping yesterday. It was on sale and we ended up paying only a little over $11 for this one. Sorry the picture is blurry. I didn't realize it until I started to post it here.

I took a couple of pictures of my pumpkin pies baking in the oven, but those pictures were blurry as well. Plus, I'm embarrassed for you to see how dumb the fluting looks on the edges of the pies. I'm not a good fluter, and I don't understand why. Part of the problem is not enough dough. You need at least an inch of overhang to make good-looking pie edges, and I never seem to have enough. But even when I do, mine always looks dumb. I bet they eat those pies and they taste good anyway!

I've had to keep an eye on Barnaby and carry a big stick to beat him with if he tries to sneak some before the family thing this afternoon. He loves pumpkin pie.

I have to go wrap a present or two. Y'all have a good Sunday. Wish you were here for pie & coffee!

8 comments:

  1. Oooohhhhhh.....dang it! Wish I was going to be there. Now I'm homesick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the decorations in your kitchen it is such a pretty colors love the birdcage. Man I can smell those pies here calling me with whip cream or cool whip and hot cup of coffee.MMMMMMM Too bad it does not fit into e-mails darn. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pies were delicious and the coffe was perfect! Love it, Love it, Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh Pammy I love the bird cages and the green. Green is always my favorite color. How much cinnamon did you use in your pumpkin pie?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always use the recipe on the back of the Libby's Pumpkin can. That's the one my mom always uses too. One tsp cinnamon in each pie and extra sprinkled on top of the whipped cream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update... We love pumpkin pie....

    More important. I made the Taco Soup for dinner tonight with grilled pepper jack cheese sammies. Scott was in loving it. He said "It's one of his favorites." It was too die for. I'm thinking it must be something with the Ranch Dressing mix. I also added a can of Mexicali Corn I had on hand. Also, a couple dollops of Greek Yogurt/our Sour Cream... Both were a nice added treat.

    Thanks so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh.. Pumpkin Pie sounds so-ooo very good right now! I can't WAIT till I'm done moving! NO FUN!.. Packing and boxing everything up feels miserable, but I'm TRYING to maintain a good attitude.. This will be over soon!.. LOVE your birdcage! I just won a crow from Pennywig's, and was almost wishing I had one now, that I could spray paint black or orange for the holiday! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Back again....

    OMG - Pammy Sue, I didn't even look down the list to see where everyone else was. You are not a loser by any means. In fact after last night's Taco Soup, Scooter is loven' you big time......

    He took it for lunch and just called and asked for it again for dinner....

    I knew I should have just listed the winner....but, wanted everyone to see I ran it through a random picker, so no one felt cheated...

    I'll make another soon...

    You are not a loser...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥