Thursday, October 08, 2009

I found out my nephews baby is going to be a girl instead of a boy. I might change out that dark brown ribbon with a pink one and see how it looks. If it doesn't look as good as the brown, I may make another blanket that's a little more girlie. I'll just see how it goes. I don't think it really matters.

I've been really bored and restless today. I looked and looked and looked at crochet patterns on Ravelry.com until my eyes crossed and I had to stop. I don't even know what I was looking for. Just something that struck my fancy and I had to make, I guess. That never happened.

I tried to take a nap, but the phone rang a couple of times and just pissed me off, so I turned on the light and started reading my book.

Oh, I don't think I told you that I'm reading Kathy Griffin's new book. It's good. I really like her and her filthy mouth. What that says about me, I'm not sure. And I'm not asking y'all, so don't be waving your hand frantically trying to bust out with the answer. We'll just let that one alone.

Random: Red Heart yarn makes my nose itch horribly. You can always tell when I've been using it because I walk around the house with a big honkin' red nose. I'm never buying Red Heart again if I can help it. Unfortunately, I have about 100 skeins of it in my stash. I'm sure i could box it all up and donate it pretty easily. I'll have to think about that.

I wish it was cold enough to have a fire in the fireplace and make some chili in the crockpot. Instead, it's about 90 degrees with humidity at least 250%. Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration. It is 88 degrees at the moment and we've got heavy rain and storms coming our way, so i'm sure the humidity is up there. It feels like a sauna out there when you open the door.

Barnaby is here bugging the crap out of me about dinner. I'd better go. Men are helpless, ya know.

3 comments:

  1. My Mom sais that your fine that you will not rub off on me. I know noughty words from good words. so your fine you don't have to worry about me!:o)

    -Hunter-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, well, where to start! The new baby on the way. I love that brown blanket so much just the way it is, I hate thinking of it with a nasty pink ribbon in it! :) My vote is to whip up another one. I mean, you're so fast with the hook, I'm sure you'll have one to show us by Sunday afternoon! I've got one started that's actually an infant's "after-bath wrap" with a hood. I'm doing it in pastel rainbow colors, and it will be darn cute if I can ever get it out of my WIP drawer and finish it!

    I hear ya about the naps. I absolutely LOVE taking naps. In fact, it's quite the joke in our family about how I can sleep just about any place, any time. I even fell asleep one time in a loud and rowdy hockey game! Now that I work from home, I try to carve out a couple of hours in the afternoon for my "beauty sleep", and it's hell to pay if someone calls during that time!!

    I've never noticed that Red Heart makes my nose itch, but I just don't like the way it feels. The super saver yarn kinda feels like plastic, to the point that it almost squeaks! I use Red Heart for those projects that are going to get a lot of wear and tear, like the organizer boxes I made for the kids and the gazillion cell phone holders I've made.

    As for the weather, it sounds like the jet stream dishes it out to you guys at about the same time as us. It was in the mid-80's today, with AT LEAST 250% humidity. Then, about 4:00, all hell broke loose, and the cold front came in with noisy wind and swirly rain, and it's been howling ever since. It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow and be dreary and cold, and I LOVE IT!

    Finally, you mentioned that Hunter was visiting you and leaving comments on some of your older posts. Sometimes she reads to me what she's written, and a few times I've heard about it from the person she left comments for. :) I wouldn't worry about anything rubbing off on her. I think she's pretty mature, and she's got a good head on her shoulders. And, if that's not enough, she's got a mean Daddy who will put Tabasco on her tongue if your potty mouth rubs off. :) She'll be fine. Thanks for allowing her to visit you on your blog.

    Time for night-night. I love sleeping when it's storming. Besides, I missed my nap today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the afghan you made the color is so pretty. You sure do keep the hot weather there. We been having 60 degrees or less my kind of weather warm in the day cool in the evening. Don't you know Men where born hungry they always want something to eat. I love your blog you really make my day. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥