Quit trying to look down my shirt, pervs!
Okay, back to the braids. It's very awkward to braid your own hair, especially when you get older (ahem!) and your arms are weaker than they use to be. You have to hold both arms up and you have sections of hair between all your fingers and you really just have to do it with your mind and by feel because you can't see anything. My hair really needs to get a bit longer before it'll look very good. By that time I should be pretty good at it again.
You can see my messy bedroom in the background there. I keep so much stuff around my bed, it's embarrassing. Here is a list of mandatory bedside items for me:
2. Travel alarm clock
3. Ice water in my special thermal water cup thingy
4. A reading lamp attached to my headboard
5. Nail file & nail clippers
8. A paper towel or napkin
9. Reading glasses & distance glasses
10. The remote
11. A fan (When I'm in my bedroom, I always have the ceiling fan on AND a fan sitting on the floor that's on. The ceiling fan because I am always hot, and the floor fan just for the noise...it drowns out the noise from the TV that Barnaby is watching in the living room.)
12. A small basket with nail polish, cotton balls, and polish remover.
13. Lip balm
14. A pen & pencil
15. A tiny LED light for when I get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
16. A trashcan
17. At least one dog.
18. Hard candy
19. A wooden back scratcher
19. My gun
Now mind you, there are lots of other things there too, but those are the things I absolutely have to have every night whether I'm going to use them or not.
What things do you always keep next to your bed?