Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Well, I lied when I said I was going to try and be more pleasant this time because I just don't feel like it.

I went back to the dentist this morning and he stuffed some medicine and gauze and his fingers and all kinds of wrenches and picks and stuff down in my tooth socket to try and make it feel better. He succeeded in making it throb even more, and that's about it. I have dry socket. And it sucks. And if I haven't told you in the last five minutes, I hate going to the dentist. I have horrible dental karma.

Oh, and I am not having that crochet group meeting tonight. I cancelled it. Well, actually, they cancelled it by not responding, but I sent out a formal cancellation email just in case somebody was going to just show up at the last minute. I really doubt I'll reschedule it because I'm just feeling all pissy about it now.

I'm going to go and lay down for a nap. Maybe I'll magically wake up feeling sunshiney and giddy and pleasant with fairy dust and twinkle toes.

What? It could happen.

3 comments:

  1. If I lived closer I would come to crochet with you and have lots of coffee too and enjoy your company and the fuzzy kids too. It would be a blast for sure. Sorry to hear that the crochet group did not work out. I don't blame you for being in a pissy mood you find when you hurt a lot and people let you down it gets to you after a
    while. Think of the dog with crochet hat maybe Fletcher needs one. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Carol. I, too, would come crochet with you if I lived closer, so maybe we can all just send crochet tele-vibes to each other and pretend. I'm all for hanging out with the dogs and being mad at the world. That's the kind of day I'm having, here in Oklahoma! If I could take time to crochet, I might feel a little better. But, my work is stacked up, and I don't feel like doing it. So much for having the freedom to work from home, huh?! Oh well, I'm going to hope you send some of your fairy dust and twinkle toes my way, for after my nap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhhhh....bum-MER! Dry sockets are not a piece of cake. I had one the last time I had an extraction done and I think I had one the time before that too. I have no idea what causes them or how to prevent one but I intend to ask if I ever have to have another tooth pulled. I'm feelin' for you sister!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥