Tuesday, September 15, 2009

'Tis Done!

My Sister's Naomi Shawl:



I finished it today after setting it aside for over a month. I think it turned out great, and it's so soft made with the Baby Alpaca/Wool yarn. I used Classic Elite Fresco Yarn in colorway 5328. I followed the pattern but added four extra rows to the body and skipped a row on the lace border because I was running out of yarn.

I really love all of Carolyn Christmas's designs, and the two patterns I've made of hers were easy to follow. She has a few more that I want to make too, like the Blythe and Hazel Shawls and the Allegra Morning Jacket. I've already purchased the Allegra pattern so it's next. Actually, I'm making another All Shawl first for a gift by mid-October, and then I have to finish another project for a Christmas swap gift before December 1st. I can't mention what that is since my swap partner might be reading. No peeking, Kathy in Australia! And THEN I can make the Allegra Breakfast Jacket for me, me, me!

Isn't it totally cool that my swap partner lives in Australia? How exotic! I believe she lives either in Melbourne or near there. I don't exactly know yet. She thinks it's cool that her swap partner is from Texas. Hee-hee. It's funny how we are both so excited about each other and where we live. We've been emailing back and forth for a couple of weeks now. I have the time and weather for Melbourne on my desktop and check it every day. I'm just a dork like that.

Okay, I'm off to read a celeb rag and a couple more chapters of my book. I don't think I mentioned it, but I'm reading "If It Bleeds," by Bonnie Hearn Hill. So far so good. I'm about 1/3 through it.

See ya.

10 comments:

  1. Love It!!!! If you want to make another one... I'll take it. :-)

    ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pammy, the shawl is absolutely, positively gorgeous! You did a fantastic job on it. I love the front, the way it comes together and makes a sort of collar. Very nice!! You should be very proud of yourself! - Keri -

    P.S. I showed my husband your earlier comment. Now he can't get through the door, his head is so big! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! That is just gorgeous, Pam. G O R G E O U S!!!!!!!

    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely blog you have. Added you to my followers list.

    Thanks for taking a peek over at my blog. I only wish I could get my hands on some of that Lucy yarn from over in the UK.

    The first is stash Vanna and left-over hand dyed mixed.

    The fall colors are Casacade 220 - 100% wool. Looking forward to start one with fall colors. Check back to see what ripple I use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is so beautiful what a great job making your shawl. I love the color of your shawl. I never worked with that yarn is it easy? You make them look easy I always wanted to try one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:20 PM

    Wow, I can't even add a comment because its all crocheting. Oh wait, no nothing! BP

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooohhhhhh! I'm sooo excited about my shawl. The photos are fabulous and I'm itching to try it on! Still looking for a button that won't snag on the yarn though. Thought I'd wait till I have it in my hot little hands before getting the button.

    Sounds like you've got your hands full of projects to create before the Holiday Season! Good luck. That's what I'm doing too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Pammy it turned out absolutely gorgeous. I love the color. I am so glad to see you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG that shawl is SOOOOO divine! WOW is all I can say, I like the others youve made but this one is just awesome. Hehehe its so cute you mentioned me in your blog post. Man i havent post an entry for ages. I should get onto it. Too busy putting together your package heehehehehehe.
    Have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    This shawl is beautiful! Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥