Thursday, September 17, 2009

Scary Stuff

Did any of y'all see Destination Truth last night? Oh my lord, it was super-duper creepy! Here is the gist of the story:

In the ancient canals just south of Mexico City sits an island of reportedly haunted dolls. The island's caretaker strung up the dolls in an attempt to ward off the evil spirit of a young girl who allegedly drowned there. Since that time the dolls themselves have taken on the girl's evil spirit and have been seen whispering to themselves and summoning those passing by to come to them. Recently, the island's caretaker Don Julian was found dead in the visiting canal where the girl also drowned and now his spirit also haunts the island.

I absolutely HATE being around dolls, even in normal, everyday situations. I think they're just creepy and don't like to be around them. When I visited my sister in San Diego, she put her dolls away while I was there. (Thank you, sister!)

There was one part of the investigation where a woman said she thought she saw a certain doll move (I think she said the doll closed her eyes, but I don't remember exactly now). The main guy in the show got up close to the doll and made the comment, "If this doll moves right now, I'll shit my pants!" Within ten seconds of him saying that, the doll opened one eye! GAH! I nearly shit my pants too.

And then there was another part where they were all taking a turn alone in a shack that is supposedly haunted. They each had to stay in there alone in the dark for 30 minutes, and then they would switch out. There were dolls hanging everywhere inside this shack. The fourth guy in the shack had an awful experience. You have got to see this poor guy's face a couple of times during his 30 minutes. He ran out of there screaming and yelling, "F*ck this!" I would bet you money he at least peed a little in his pants. Go watch it!

You can watch the entire episode or snippets of it HERE. Grab that bar after the video loads and move it to 11:00 to skip to the good parts. You may have to watch the commercial again, but then it will start up at the 11:00 mark. You'll only have to watch 11:00 thru 18:00-something to see the parts I described. The commercial will start up again right before the good part at the end, but stay with it and you'll see it immediately after.

***************************
It's still raining here. It's raining particularly hard right at this moment. I know I say this all the time, but I just love it!

I wish I could show you the things I've been working on the last two days, but they're for my swap partner so I can't.

Random Thought: I wish Hobby Lobby would deliver yarn to your house in thirty minutes like pizza. I want some, but I don't want to leave my house. I just wish everybody would deliver everything to my house immediately. I might never leave my house then! How lovely that would be. I'm sure if I had a lot of money I could hire someone to go get anything I wanted and deliver it to me instantly. But, alas, I do not. *Sigh*

***************************
Just to further confirm that I have the sense of humor of a 12-year-old boy sometimes, do you know what my favorite commercial is right now? It's that Gas-X commercial where a guy is in an office being interviewed for a job and he has gas really bad and he's trying not to fart and all he can think about is the fact that he has gas.

One guy in the office says to the lady that is interviewing him, "Your son, Rip, is on line toot." That cracks me up every time! I must have seen it 1,000 times because they run it all the time, and every single time, I still laugh. Barnaby just says, "You are such a child!" Ha-ha-ha. Whatever! It's funny!

You can see the whole commercial on YouTube HERE.

I keep smelling something dead in my house today. There's either a dead animal somewhere or one of my dogs has a gawd-awful case of the farts.

Bye!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Pam! Thanks for stopping by the blog and commenting on my shawl. It is done and blocking. I'll try and post pictures of it as soon as it is dry. It's Lion Brand Jamie baby yarn.

    I hope you find what is "dead" at your house -- hopefully it's only doggie farts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That commercial cracks me up all the time too.

    I wish we HAD a Hobby Lobby here. I really really really want more packages of those itty bitty mirrors in all sizes I got there. Those are great for mosaics.

    I missed Destination Truth last night. I was going to watch some new show that came on at the same time on the History channel but I got so sleepy I couldn't stay awake past 10:15 so I missed both shows. Got to see the ghost on Ghost Hunters though. Kewl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pammy!

    Not excatly what I would call a bedtime story... ;-)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn, you made me laugh out loud. I only have sons so i think they are starting to wear off on me as i also find toilet humour funny! Thankfully this also means that i have no dolls around!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥