Thursday, September 03, 2009

The New Dentist & Yarn Talk

My dentist appointment went well on Wednesday. I really liked this new dentist I saw. He was very good to talk to me the whole time and kept saying, "Close your eyes and breathe in and out, in and out.." It was very soothing, and he didn't hurt me at all. He was also way cheaper than the last dentist I saw. He did the extraction and filled a tooth, and with my insurance it was only $65. On top of that, I had to pay another $50 deductible since I hadn't been to the dentist yet this year, and I also paid $35 extra for gas. But it was still much cheaper even with those extras...$150 for everything. If I had opted to get the root canal and crown instead of having him pull that tooth, my part was only $568 for the root canal AND crown AND the filling of the other tooth. Last year I got a root canal only, not including the crown and without another filling, and my part was over $1000, and I have the exact same insurance as I did then.

He's a keeper.

I haven't done anything the last two days except work and mess around the house. I haven't been crocheting anything until tonight.

Warning: Boring Crochet Talk Ahead...

I bought some Noro Kureyon yarn last Friday on eBay. I got it and started making a scarf with it. It's SO beautiful! Here's a picture of it, but it has more colors than this:

And here's another one I got called TOFUtsies. The label says it's made partially from shrimp and crab fibers! Weird. No, it doesn't stink. It also says it's naturally antibacterial. Um, okay.

It's awfully pretty whatever it's made of. I should have gotten more than one skein of both of these. I can't make much with just one skein. I don't know what I was thinking. Okay, yes I do. I was being cheap. The Noro was $18.95 per skein, and the TOFUtsies was $13.95 per skein. Day-um! I'm not use to paying that much, but now I've gone and spoiled myself to this beautiful stuff.

I need to go now. I just wanted to let y'all know I didn't die at the dentist. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Love that yarn it is beautiful the colors would really be pretty in any project. Glad you found the right Dentist to help you that makes a big difference for you to be more comfortable when and if you have to go again. That is one stressful part of the day done now you can relax some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOooo! Those yarns are pretty. Bet they are even prettier in person. Glad the dentist didn't hurt you or your pocketbook. What a deal!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥