Friday, September 25, 2009

I'm lazy with the blogging lately and today is no exception. I'm slapping up some pictures and calling it an entry. It's Friday...yea!

Eli had his bath and blowdry a couple of days ago. He was a lot more fluffed out. I think the humidity made his hair flat. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

This is the chair that I sit in most of the time now and crochet at my table. (That's your shawl on the table, Auntie Gay!) I guess I could move it into the living room, but I've enjoyed the change of scenery in here and listening to the TV is good enough. It's on Fox News most of the day anyway. The chair has arms on it for which to rest my elbows so it's not so hard on my arms. Funny story about the rocking chair...well, not funny, but you know...

We call this "The Death Chair." It belonged to a great, great aunt of mine and she died while sitting in it. (I wonder if she was crocheting?) My grandmother had it reupholstered in a country blue color and in her house for years, and when she and my grandfather moved into a nursing home, I claimed it as mine. My mother reupholstered it yet again in this pretty black and gold, and I just love it now.

Okay, maybe that wasn't such an interesting story after all. Whatever. I'm reaching for material here, people.

I took this picture of Fletch just a few minutes ago. It makes me laugh because of his teeth. I'd give anything if this picture had not been blurred. He has the prettiest, whitest, brightest teeth ever, especially that bottom row, which he flashes at us quite often. It always makes us laugh because we think they look like dentures. They are just too perfect to be real! And what dog goes around flashing his teeth at people anyway? It's weird.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Love your pictures even the blurred one of Feltcher he does look lke he showing you his teeth with a smile. Eli looks so pretty and his fur stands out more. I see your making a shawl very pretty. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stories about your rocking chair. I have my Grandma's rocking chairs. ( 1 from each one.)... I guess my sisters didn't want one... ;-)

    Eli look so pretty!

    Go to my blog and see if you know what Paul just bought for me...;-)

    ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I keep saying this, but you are just too funny! When I go to my blog dashboard, I'm always hoping there's something new from you to read or new pictures to look at. Have you ever considered writing a book? I think you could write one about your life and the humor you inject into it, and it would be a bestseller. I'd definitely want your autograph!!!
    -Keri in OKC

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fur nephews are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, Pam, I LIKE your story about the rocking chair! I HAD a rocking chair that I used to rock my babies in. Since then, it fell apart and I just had to throw it away... Admittedly it was an inexpensive chair, but it still broke my heart that I couldn't fix it. I hope to get another one, one of these days.. Yours is beautiful, and next to your crocheting, it looks very comfy and cozy! ~tina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥