Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm Back, I Think

I'm crocheting on my sister's Naomi Shawl today. I've discovered if I crochet at my dining room table, I can rest my right elbow on it and it doesn't hurt. Yea! I'm hoping to be able to at least get half-way through the edging today. I want to make sure it's nice and big and roomy, so I'm putting on a few extra rows before I start that part. That's the fun part and I can hardly wait.

As you can tell since I'm crocheting for the first time in two weeks, I believe my tooth socket is healing. It doesn't hurt so far today, and it didn't start hurting yesterday until about noon. I think that's because I went to the dentist yet again on Saturday and he finally started me on some antibiotics. I'm hoping Day 3 on the antibiotics has chased that infection away. I guess he finally decided, "It not look so good."

I promise I shall not mention it again if it goes away today!

It's been raining here for three days, and I am in heaven with it. I just love the rain and lack of sunshine. It makes me very happy and cozy-feeling. We'd gotten 4 1/2 inches of much-needed rain for our lawn as of yesterday afternoon.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! We could really use that rain. It is sooooooo dry. My lawn is practically dead because of the water restrictions here and it's been so hot. Finally cooled down this weekend though.

    So glad to hear your tooth socket is healing. It's a good sign when the pain starts to go away. Sheesh! I can't believe that stupid dentist didn't put you on meds when you went in the first time. He not look too good now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish it would rain here... We need it.... I love the partly cloudy to cloudy skies!!!! ( Bright sunshine bothers my eyes.)

    Tht shawl is so pretty!!!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to see you back again. I am so happy for you that you been able to crochet. Finished another afghan and been thinking of you many times in the day. We had rain for a couple days too thank goodness that high heat and humidity is gone for now. I love the color your working with. If you sit in chair to crochet put a pillow below your elbow to rest it on. This may help too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We must be in the same weather pattern. It's been raining here in OKC for almost 5 days straight! I, too, love the rain, and the dark, gloomy days. It sure beats the 100+ temperatures from the summer! Glad to hear your tooth (or lack of) is feeling better. Nothing like a nasty toothache to put one in a crabby mood! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! Can't wait to see it all done. I've started a new one for a friend's birthday. It's the True Friend Shawl at redheart.com. I'm doing it in a peach Jamie Classic yarn. I really like how it's coming together but think the next one I make will be a lighter yarn.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥