Friday, September 18, 2009

First Half of My Friday

I have wasted nearly my whole day jacking around with a poorly-written, stupid-ass crochet pattern. My day has gone something like this:

Crochet a few rows according to the instructions, count, count, count, and rip it out and start over.

Crochet a few rows altering the instructions, count, count, count, rip it out and start over.

Repeat above 10 or 72 times, give up and start a DIFFERNT poorly-written, stupid-ass crochet pattern.

Crochet a few rows according to the instructions, count, count, count, and rip it out and start over.

Repeat 4 or 46 times, give up and dye my hair, take a shower, and eat some lunch.

Look at the crochet mess on my dining room table, curl my upper lip like Elvis, walk away.

Sit down at my computer to make this entry and bitch. That part is done.

Now I need to go to the grocery store for a few items, but I think I'll wait until Barnaby gets home and we can go to what we call, "The Big Walmart." The little Walmart is a Neighborhood Walmart that is just a grocery store and is only a couple of blocks from our house. I don't know why you needed to know that, but there ya go.

I'm going to go watch Shepard Smith and see what's happening in the rest of the world.

Bye.

*Edited to add: Shepard is not there. Somebody else is sitting in for him. Yuck. I hate that.

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean by poorly written instructions I been working on a new differnt project half way done realize that I miss something in the directions in very begining I am now ripping once again for so many times I forgotten how many. But I am determine to get this right. Sometimes I have ripped the yarn so much I have fuzz where the yarn was. And crocheting is suppose to be relaxing sometimes it is frustrating. I hope that you figure out your problem with pattern. I going to have another cup of coffee that should help some. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your temper tantrums! Is there something wrong with me? Not that I'm enjoying your misery by any means. It's just so darn funny to hear you rant and rave about stuff, from Kitty Bitch snuggling with your husband, to your toothache, and now about horrible crochet pattern. I'm truly glad I found your blog . . . you always give me something to smile about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just hate those poorly, half written, big JAss pattern. Then throw in being a leftie like me and you pretty much can pour the wine right now.

    Hang in there I'm sure you will figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe some day you will create a pattern and show 'em how it's done! Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny I always think its me and not the pattern. I figure the pattern has had all the testers already have made the item. I am so happy to know it could just be the pattern.

    What'cha making?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥