Saturday, September 19, 2009

Angry Much?

I think I had a bad case of diet rage last night...

It's about 7:30 p.m. at The Big Walmart:

ME: Do you know what sounds good?

HIM: No, what?

ME: A rootbeer float. (We are passing the ice cream aisle)

HIM: Yes, that does sound good. But just wait and we'll go get one tomorrow.

ME: (I say nothing)

Later in the car on the way home:

ME: I bet Baskin Robbins has rootbeer floats.

HIM: Yes, I imagine they do. But let's just wait and we'll get one tomorrow.

ME: I know what you're doing! You're just trying to delay it so maybe I won't get one! You know I won't want to leave the house again tomorrow!

HIM: (Mistake) But you are on a diet!

ME: (Silence...staring out the passenger side window)

Approximately 5 minutes passes in silence.

HIM: (Another Mistake) Are you giving me the silent treatment now because I said that?

ME: Yes, I am! I am 48 years old, and I DO NOT need to be reminded when I am on a damn diet! I know I'm on a diet, but I want a rootbeer float anyway! And if I want a rootbeer float, I can have one! I am nearly 50 years old, for god's sake!

HIM: You were just 48 a second ago.

ME: You are being a smartass now! That IS nearly 50! And it sounds better in this case!

HIM: How am I suppose to support you when you are on a diet then?

ME: I don't know, but NOT BY TELLING ME I CAN'T HAVE SOMETHING!

Silence the rest of the way to Baskin Robbins. Barnaby parks and gets out...

ME: Are you going to have one?

HIM: No.

ME: Now you are just being smug because you can resist one and I can't!

HIM: (Sighs in exasperation and walks inside)

In the car on the way home...

ME: Do you want a bite?

HIM: No, not at all.

ME: (Mockingly) Not at all. I am better than you because I don't even want a bite. Not just no, but no, NOT AT ALL!

HIM: God! You are impossible.

(But he WAS just being smug, I know it. And that was the best rootbeer float I've ever had!)

6 comments:

  1. Oh Pam, I am still laughing. Honestly! These words could have come right out of my mouth and Ken's. Good lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I would have been too pissed off to have anything to eat after that! I'm pissed just thinking about you being pissed because I know so much how that feels. Kiss Kiss Hug Hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just hate that patronizing...LOL

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just because your on a diet it does not hurt to have something you really want once in a while. If it is denied somewhere down the road it could get worse. I know from experience about the dieting all my life. No one can experience what your going through but you and no one can tell you this is how it is to be.
    You have to be comfortable within yourself. I be pissed too. Anyway a hugs from me to you and hope the day gets better for you. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Pammy! As I was reading, I was envisioning JC and me, going through the exact same scenario. Oh my gosh, we've done exactly the same thing, so many times. Probably because I am always on a diet, and he never is . . . although he always says he wants to support me, and his way of supporting me is to constantly remind me of what I can and can't eat, and reminding me that "you should really take the dogs for a walk . . . it would be good for the dogs, not to mention it would help you in your weight-loss efforts." ARRGGGGHHHHH!!!!! I hate being fat, yet I despise dieting. I want to have my cake and eat it, too. Hmmm, did someone say cake? Well, darn, we don't have any cake, but we do have some very pretty OU Sooner cookies in the kitchen that I really should eat so they won't attract ants and other creatures.

    I'm glad you got your root beer float, and secretly Barnaby wanted one, too, but he was too stubborn to show weakness in front of you. So, he did without and you didn't. I think you have to splurge every now and then. You have my permission! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! You know that n four days of really getting to blog with other people you are my favorite!:)
    I think that you should be a righter! I'm being honest! You really know how to make a person cheer up!!:o)

    -Hunter-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥