Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sweet Pea Shawl

I could not get a good picture of this no matter what I tried. I went outside, I came inside, took a picture up-close, took a picture from afar, with flash, without flash, adjusted and enhanced after the picture was taken, et cetera. So I guess it's impossible for you to see the pattern and all the colors in the yarn. Here are three different photos, none of which shows what the shawl really looks like in person:



I didn't put an edging on it yet, and I'm not sure that I'm going to. This shawl was nearly the death of my crochet love. It gave me fits. It wasn't hard so I don't know what my problem was. But anyway, it's finished and I'm glad.

You can click on each one to see a bigger version if want. The pattern is from the book Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker. I used Classic Elite Sock yarn (more like thread) and a size G hook.

See ya.

5 comments:

  1. If this is the actual color, I like it! I love the lacy design in this pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pammy! I clicked the photo and from what I can see the colors are beautiful! Very pretty! I'd love to try this one, and I have the book! It's just a matter of gettin' around to it! Hope you had a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shawl is beautiful maybe try putting on a white sheet behind it the floor will drown the color's I have learned the hard way when I take photo's too. You will find that if something has a shine to it ends to make the flash pick that up first. Any case I love your shawl and the color. i have that book too I saw the shawl and it look hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, the color changes look very subtle. Nice job as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, Pammy! Keri, from Oklahoma, here and checking in! I love the shawl. I, too, have the book and saw the pattern, but would not have attempted it. It looked way too intricate for my not-so-nimble fingers. But, you did a beautiful job on it. Very, very nice and awesome color!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥