Monday, August 31, 2009

Sugar: Still the Devil

I woke up a little before 4:00 this morning with my tooth pounding. I had to get up and take some Tylenol & Naproxen. It feels fine this morning, but I know it's only a matter of time before I HAVE to go to the dentist. Ugh. I. Hate. Going. To. The. Dentist. I'd rather have brain surgery. Seriously. I know it would be better to go now instead of waiting until it blows up, but will I? Probably not. I'll stay in denial hoping it will go away on its own, like always. Yeah, right.

Confession time! I had THREE sno cones on Saturday. We went out garage-saleing all over town on Saturday and stopped at a little sno cone stand when we were finished. I had a small banana one, and it was so freakin' great! I told my cousin that I think they're putting crack in them, and I'm going to start calling them crack cones. Anyway, I begged and begged and just wouldn't let it go until Barnaby took me back there Saturday evening. We both had two small ones in different flavors. I had a pina colada and a grape, and he had a rootbeer and a Tiger's Blood. Ha-ha-ha. They name them those stupid names so kids will buy them. It was actually cherry and coconut mixed together. The banana is still the best out of all of them. Mmm, banana crack. I've said it before and I'll say it again...SUGAR IS THE DEVIL. Run for your lives!

I spent the entire day yesterday trying NOT to think about getting a sno cone. It didn't work. I thought about it, but I didn't actually go get one. I was more of a hermit than hungry I guess. I didn't want to leave the house. You can bet your sweet bippy if I had to leave the house, I would have driven straight to that little red stand with the flashing neon lights and gotten one. Or three.

So then I had a bag of really, really, really, really salty popcorn last night. Stupid move the night before weigh-in day. I supposedly gained 5 pounds from last week! I'll weigh again tomorrow or Wednesday when I haven't main-lined pure sodium. I still feel skinnier even though the scale doesn't say so.

*******************

So here's something really out of character for me...

Our neighborhood has a Neighborhood Watch now since my neighbor across the street was burglarized. She got everything together and got the ball rolling with it, and we even have a website now with a community bulletin board.

So I sent out an email to the entire neighborhood saying that I wanted to start a crochet group that will meet once or twice a month at my house if enough people responded that they were interested. I offered to teach anybody who wanted to learn, even though I have never done that before.

I've gotten 7 responses so far so it looks like it's a go! I hope I don't regret this.

Bye!

4 comments:

  1. Cool on teaching all your neighbors to crochet.

    Ahhh ...... I sure hope they are not just joining so they can case the joint!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool that you are starting a crochet group. Probably once a month is your best bet, otherwise it may become a burden to you and you'll probably have to pin up the fur nephews and neices during your meeting.

    As for the sno-cone thing....well dammit, these things happen. Don't cha just love that fake banana flavor? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pammy Sue,

    That's a great idea! The crochet teaching... I bet they'll love it and so will you.

    The snow cones are GOOD. We have a little hut..sortive... that has snow cones.. My husband & I Love Those Things!!!

    Susan

    myhookandI.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:09 PM

    Way to go on the crochet group.... I will refrain and be positive in front of your blog friends. WAY TO GO! BP

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥