Friday, August 21, 2009

Since I'm not making much of anything in the kitchen these days, I'm sharing things that other people are making. This one sounds yummy, kid or not. I got it HERE. There's a picture of it there too.

Kid Friendly Ambrosia Salad

1 lg can fruit cocktail, drained
2 lg cans mandarin oranges, drained
2 bananas, sliced
½ bag of mini marshmallows
1 small container whipped topping

Simply mix all of the ingredients together and chill for an hour before serving.

I want some! Wah. This is what I get for eating tons of crap and letting myself get out of shape. I must now pay-up by being on a diet and not partaking of wonderful foods for awhile. And once I get back to where I want to be, I still have to rein in my desire to overeat for the rest of my life. Ho-hum.

*********************

Here's another link to a beautiful blog. Once you get there, scroll down to "Tablescape Tuesdays." There you will find lots of links to some equally beautiful blogs. They make mine look like poo. Don't judge me! I'll never share anything with you again! I got to this pretty page via Beansie's Blog. She's kinda kewl herself.

*********************

What am I going to do today? I'm going to try to crochet a pair of bootie, tennis shoe-like house slippers again. I ordered a pattern for them and finally got it yesterday. I made one bootie, but it looks kind of messy. I think I screwed up the pattern by trying to follow the alternate directions for wider booties. I'm going to follow the regular-size directions today and see if they look better. They are really a neat-looking bootie, and I ALWAYS need new slippers to wear around the house. Who doesn't? If I can perfect them, some of you might get a pair as a surprise! There are even directions to make them in men's sizes. BP, I'm sending you some and you'd better wear them. That would crack me up.

I'll take a picture of them and show y'all when I'm happy with what I make. Then y'all can leave me a comment and tell me what color you want. Well, heck...I can just show you the picture on the pattern:

I couldn't figure out how to get the picture off of the pdf file so i just snagged this one from Crochetville from jeannej. These are some that she made.

*********************


6 comments:

  1. Hi Pam!

    How is it going on N.S. ? I'm rooting for you.

    Give Eli a hug for me... :-)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made that fruit ambrosia long time ago I also added small can crushed drained pineapple and one cup cooked rice used cool whip or even lite cool whip and it was a hit. It is better when you make it than get it at a store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want my booties to match my bag. I think they look like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So what exactly are you eating on this new diet? Do you buy more food then you receive in your package?

    Love the booties pattern, also love your curly scarfs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I supplement their entrees with vegetables, fruit, dairy, protein, and fat. Their food comes color coded so you know the difference between breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert items. It is all stored on the shelf – no refrigerated or frozen items. It comes with a booklet to track your food every day, and you check off the boxes that they have printed on there. Example:



    ð Breakfast Entrée

    ð Dairy or Protein

    ð Fruit



    ð Lunch Entrée

    ð Vegetable

    ð Vegetable

    ð Dairy or Protein



    ð Dinner Entrée

    ð Vegetable

    ð Vegetable

    ð Vegetable or Fruit

    ð Fat Serving



    They have a section in the booklet that tells you what vegetables/fruit/dairy/protein/fats you can have and what constitutes a serving. There are also two snacks per day. You get a Dairy and Fruit serving for each of those.



    You can hand-pick your entrees online, or just get a box of “Women’s Favorites” where they just give you a variety of things. I got the favorites for my first order because I didn’t know what was good and not. Next time I’m picking what I want them to send me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. DanG! sounds like a lot of food to me....just no candy or cake or stuff like that, huh? I like the purple booties!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥