Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"Scarf" #3

I'm in love with this scarf! It turned out so much prettier than I imagined it would. It's not really what I would call a scarf, but more of a, um, er -- oh, I don't know what I would call it, but it's not just a scarf!


This is how the back of it looks. It's like those scarves that you see that are called spiral scarves or corkscrew scarves. In fact, I saw one in a catalog last night that was not nearly as pretty or large as this one and they were asking $85 for it!

This one cost me about $3.50. That's right -- $3.50! It took less than 2 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver that cost me $2.17 each. I started making this at 3:00 yesterday afternoon and probably worked on it 4 hours yesterday and 3 hours today.


Here it is all spread out on my table.

You can find the pattern HERE.

4 comments:

  1. Love your scarves you use great colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This scarf is amazing looking! It is my favorite so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pam!

    I like that!!! I'll try it as soon asn I'm done wiuth my " Draft Dodger "... :-)

    I'm now getting orders for my Fingerless Gloves. :-) Next I need to make a PURPLE pair.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this scarf. I have saved the pattern and will make it for next winter. We are entering summer here in south africa.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥