Monday, August 10, 2009

My New Friend

I'm such a shut-in I've taken to ordering my friends over the Internet. Ha-ha-ha. But really, I'd like to introduce you to Milady. I'm so excited to have her here!


Isn't she pretty? I just love her.

And do you see those two balls of light that showed up in this picture? The biggest one is in the purple flowers on my desk, and the other one is on the far right-hand side and looks like a spot on the wall. The biggest one is my Granny, and the other one is my Aunt Pick. Aunt Pick was actually bigger than my Granny in real life, but I guess she was being shy today. They were both very excited when I put Milady together and dressed her up. I guess they never had a dress form when they were alive. (For some reason they didn't show up in the first picture I took with the exact same lighting, same position and everything.)

I'm not doing anything today. I have no work scheduled until tomorrow, and I don't feel like crocheting after having a hard time with it over the weekend. I had to rip out nine rows of the shawl I'm working on. Did I already tell you that? Maybe I did. Anyway, I don't even want to look at crochet for a couple of days at least.

Nutrisystem Day 7: I lost 2 measly pounds! I'm pissed and very discouraged today. I have plenty of reason to quit with the stomach aches (I think it's gas from all the veggies, but it could be my ovaries acting up. I hope it's not the latter. It's what I thought was maybe a bladder infection last week, but now I don't think that's it.) and the headaches and now with the itty-bitty weight loss. And I'm hungry and cranky. I'm not quitting, but I'm sure going to bitch and moan.

Goodbye.

4 comments:

  1. MyLady looks wonderful I especially like her wrap. Strange things happen your way hmmm. You will find when you are on a weight reduction plan you can get bitchy that is okay your body is screaming for more food. It is one of the hardest things to do lose weight. Your ripping your shawl sounds like me a ripped out a very large afghan that I was trying could not get the right color combination. Sometimes you have to walk away from a crochet projects go back when you feel better. I hope the best on your diet don't get discourage you find some weight takes longer and if you retain fluids this slows you down. Take care. Thanks for the edging pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Milady. She'll model your crchetted things very nicely for you. Don't give up on your new diet. Stomp your feet, have a temper tantrum, bitch, piss and moan....but don't quit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam,

    Look at it this way... It's more pounds then I lost. I'nm wondering what I should do. I'm watching how your nutri system works before I try it. ;-)

    Go moan & yell a bit and then go on and smile... :-) You can do it girl!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pammy! Well, I like your friend Milady! She seems very nice!.. Very quiet, but she DOES carry herself well!.. very nice posture! (0; ~tina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥