Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Crochet Lingo Lesson

I just spent the last few minutes ripping out another few hours of crochet work. I had started the Sweet Pea Shawl a couple of months ago and was about half-way finished with it. I picked it up to finish it this morning, and discovered that it was done wrong. What's the matter with me lately? Can I not pay attention to anything?

Example of Sweet Pea Shawl

Anyway, so I frogged the whole thing. "Frogging" is a crochet term that means you ripped the stitches out of something and rewound the yarn. (Rip it, rip it, rip it, and rewind the yarn. Sounds like ribbit, ribbit, ribbit, like a frog. Hence, the term Frog or Frogging.)

I have a few other WIPs in there. (Works-in-Progress or Work-in-Progress, another crochet term.) I guess I'll go pull something else out and finish it. Hopefully, I won't discover another project that has to be frogged.

One thing I know is in there is the Half-Moon Shawl. I snagged both of these pictures from Ravelry.com so you could see what they look like.


Half-Moon Shawl

Mine isn't done in this color. I used some Caron Simply Soft in Persimmon that I got on a clearance sale for next to nothing. It's kind of a cross between a peach and rose color.

I have to record a Webcast between 1:00-2:00 today and then transcribe it. I'm sure the subject is something terribly interesting like international tax laws or something. Fun-fun!

Later, taters.

3 comments:

  1. That shawl looks good! You'll get it done...:-) frogging isn't fun. But once you do and re do it, it will be worth it. Just grin & Bear it...:-)Then admire your handy Work!!!

    ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the round ripple was a problem to figure out but, I never could figure that shawl out it is beautiful pattern though. Don't you find sometimes we get good at ripping things out and the more you do the madder you get then you throw it in a pile and say the hell with it. Sometime later say well I will try again. They say crochet is relaxing but, sometimes it can be stressful too. Sometimes I think my middle name is frog it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see yours. They are both beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥